2101 Islington Avenue, M9P 3R2
Financial Assistant at Environment Canada Sep 2016 – Apr 2017
- I’ve processed Personnel Departure Clearance Reports (PDCR) for Final Pay, and certified every signature for Part A. I informed the employees/managers of additional signatures, and to answer any questions related to PDCR’s.
- I prepared Pay Action Request Forms (PARF) and I sent them to the Pay Centre to act on any issues in regards to recovery of pay or debt owing for final pay. I then followed up with the employees/managers to complete and certify all sections of Part B for the PDCR.
- I ensured that the shared drive was updated and uploaded to ECOLAB or SAP to assist with preparation and filing of Emergency Salary Advances, Union Dues, Priority Payments and Garnishments.
GIS Intern at Canadian Tire Corporation Sep – Dec 2015
- Improved automation of business processes and data flows
- Assisted with the retail site selection analysis for the Market Analysis Division
- Organized meetings for knowledge sharing and new ideas
GIS Lab Monitor at Ryerson University Sep 2014 – Apr 2015
- Used the mapping software that was available in the lab, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), to broaden my skill set for different mapping packages
- Supervised students and maintained computer availability
- Assisted students with GIS-related tasks and solved technical issues
Volunteer Experience and Skills
- At Environment Canada, I volunteered as treasurer on behalf of the United Way. This entailed money collection for each event, collecting pledges and reported the final donations, to a representative from the United way, were correct.
- Worked in the retail business for the past 5 years as a car rental service agent, and as a grocery clerk by learning to work with others and for others in a fast-paced environment
- Created an independent project on bikeways in the City of Toronto to display the current infrastructure of bikeways and how it can be improved using proposed bike paths
- Former President of the Student Association of Geographic Analysis at Ryerson University and represented Ryerson University at the Ontario University Fair
- Teamwork initiatives are actively pursued each year as a soccer player for various teams
Consultant for FCB Toronto Feb – Mar 2015
- Collected and structured demographic data using Microsoft Excel to create a standard base for the needs of the marketing team
- Created detailed maps using ArcMap for visualization and analysis of several automotive dealers using catchment areas in major metropolitan cities
Education 2011 – 2016
BA. in Geographic Analysis from Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada)
Bachelors Degree at Ryerson University
I graduated with a degree in Geographic Analysis (GIS)