D 906, Prateek Laurel 201301, India, +44-7741918058 +91-9899968743|[email protected]
With a bachelor’s in geography and master’s in River Environment, I am seeking a role that will make a difference. My voluntary work with Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and knowledge in GIS have given a valuable introduction to the practical and business side of conservation as well as project management and communication. I am passionate about the environment. I enjoy investigating and analyzing problems, and sharing my findings with others.
Invixo Limited : 3 months
• To provide a top-level customer service
• To build relationships and rapport with customers- to provide a personal touch and face of the brand
• To work within the current team to develop and engage sales and marketing strategies
• PG | PURSUING | UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
River Basin Dynamics and Management with GIS (School of Geography)
Dissertation: Assessing the impacts of Landuse/Landcover on river flow (UoL)
Project: Statistical Analysis of Hydrograph and Discharge of a river
Project: Using Multi Criteria Evaluation Technique to identify forest fire
Project: Use of GIS and Remote sensing technique to quantify deforestation in Amazon Forest
• MASTER’S | NOVEMBER 11, 2017 | AMITY UNIVERSITY
Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing
Project: Utilization of GIS and Remote Sensing in Forest Fire Risk Modelling (Defense Research and Development Organization)
Project: Using Change Detection Techniques to identify Land use/ Land cover change in an area.
• BACHELOR’S | NOVEMBER 19, 2016 | UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
Project: Preparing a field report based on the field survey done at Kumaon Himalayas to determine the natural as well as physical factors influencing the tourism.
Project: Monitoring and Modelling Socio-Economic impact of Landuse/Landcover and Pollution in River Yamuna (University of Delhi)
• Short Term Course Study In Water Cooperation
• Student member of The Association of Geographic Information
Skills & Abilities
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
In-depth knowledge of social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
ERDAS Imagine, ArcGIS, Map Info Professional, QGIS(learning)
Received Leeds University International Excellence Scholarship
Head Editor of Department of Geography at University of Delhi
Completed a project under supervision of Doctor Parkash at National Institute of Disaster Management
Actively participated and completed 12 miles Light up Leeds organized by St. Gemma Hospice
Volunteered in Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to:
• build leaky dams, to control surface run-off and flooding on the upper Aire catchment area.
• help reduce erosion of the banks, thereby improving the water quality and local biodiversity
• help with willow spilling to reduce river bank erosion
• on making a new wildflower meadow
• help with cutting and removing grass/hay and the removal of small trees to encourage further wildflower growth.
An active volunteer of the Conservation Society of the Leeds University Union
Successfully completed and concluded a field survey in Kumaon Himalayas to quantify the impacts of tourism.
Attended a national workshop on monitoring and modelling socio economic impacts of Landuse/Landcover and Pollution
Worked as an active volunteer in National Service Scheme
Presented a paper on Smart Cities-Challenges and Vision Ahead
Participated in a lecture series on “Climate Change and Response Measures”
Attended a Military Training Camp
Won several prizes in Cultural Fest in different activities held in University of Delhi