Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-zhao/32/286/240
Portfolio Website: http://paulzhaogis.weebly.com/
Summary of Qualifications
· A strong affinity for Adobe Creative Suite, cartography, graphics, mapping, planning, drafting, geography, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Collector, AutoCAD, Mobile GPS and GIS, Story Maps, and GIS applications.
· Valid Ontario G driver’s license; Open to shifts and weekend work and willing to relocate.
· English (Native).
· Superb technical, organizational and problem solving skills
· Ability to work under pressure without compromising quality or deadlines.
· Academic knowledge of Official Plan, Zoning By-laws, Ontario Planning Act, Municipal Planning and other planning policies.
· Ability to create Community Structure Plan, Conceptual Plans, Draft Plans, Environmental Protection Plan, Land Use Plan, Site Plans, Transportation Plan and planning reports maps using ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
Education and Training
GIS & Urban Planning Diploma (Co-op)
Fanshawe College, London, ON | September 2016 – April 2018
· 2017 Charrette – Named Honourable Mention
GIS Cartographic Specialist Post-grad
Fleming College, Lindsay, ON | June 2013
Geomatics Technician Diploma
Fleming College, Lindsay, ON | April 2011
Skills & Experience
· Excellent knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ESRI ArcGIS Online, ESRI Story Maps, ArcGIS Collector, Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop), AutoCAD, Google Earth, Flickr, Mobile GPS and GIS, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Sketch-up
· Extensive experience as a GIS Technician
· Experience and knowledge of plotters, printers, scanners, photocopies, fax machines, telephones
· Flexible and adaptable team player who can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with team members
· Friendly and positive attitude with peers and others alike
· Professional written and oral communications for interacting with internal/external customers and preparing documentation.
· Followed safety policies when conducting field work
· Used the Trimble GPS to collect field collection and missing data such as light poles, walking trails and other assets
· Created a “how to” guide on converting graphics to shape-files to assist new employees with learning ESRI ArcGIS
· Provided homework assistance to students that were taking Geomatics in Surveying and GIS Principles courses
· Ontario G Driver’s Licence
· CACPT (Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians) Member
Relevant Work Experience
Fanshawe College, London, ON
Peer Tutor, December 2017 – April 2018
Town of Saugeen Shores, Port Elgin, ON
GIS Technician Student (Co-op), May 2017 – September 2017
· Development in Saugeen Shores Story Map named successful story
QSP Geographics Inc, Toronto, ON
GIS Technician (Contract), November 2015 – January 2016, September 2014 – February 2015, October 2013 – November 2013
Clearview Township, Stayner, ON
GIS Technician (Summer), April 2014 – August 2014, June 2013 – September 2013
Kawartha Lakes Green Trails Alliance and Kawartha Trans Canada Trail, Lindsay, ON
Cartographer (Placement), January 2013 – June 2013
Relevant Volunteer Experience
GIS Volunteer, December 2017 – April 2018
GIS & Urban Planning Program Open House Student Volunteer, March 2018, March 2017, November 2016