Remote Sensing and GIS Analyst
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada • [email protected] • (+1) 226 3363678
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
· +7 years of experience in Remote Sensing and GIS
· Solid background in programming
· Multidisciplinary and result oriented, capable of taking direction and displaying leadership and problem solving in developing situations -In-depth experience in many RS and GIS fields.
· Bachelor degree in geomatics and master of science in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Skills & Capabilities
· Linux, Windows.
· Python, IDL, SnapPY, C#, ASP.Net, Java, PyQGis, ArcPy, Pandas, GeoPandas, Scikit Learn, Basemap, GeoTrellis, PyQT4, OpenCv, Keras, Apache SystemML, PyTorch, Spark, TensorFlow, DeepLearning4J (DL4J), MATLAB, LeafletJS, Docker, Shell Scripting (Bash, Powershell)
Remote Sensing Softwares:
· SNAP, ENVI, PCI Geomatica, ROI-PAC, ISCE, GMTSAR, Doris, PolSARpro, Stamps, NEST, COSI Corr, Open Data Cube
· Esri ArcGIS Server (version 10.x), Esri ArcGIS Desktop(version 10.x), Esri ArcGIS Pro, Esri ArcGIS Online, Esri Spatial Database Engine (ArcSDE), geodatabases, QGIS, Access, SQL, PostGreSQL, PostGIS, Oracle, MS SQL Server, GIS file formats conversion
· Sentinel2, Landsat, MODIS, AVIRIS, AVHRR,
· Sentinel1, ENVISAT, ALOS 1&2, TerraSAR, RadarSAT 1&2,
· WorldView2, QuickBird, RapidEye, Airborne Lidar
· Demonstrated technical and management ability in building data processing system/ calibration modules for NASA Lewis/HSI satellite data processing system.
GIS Developer, , 2019/01 – 2019/03
· Crop Classification analyzing multitemporal SAR Sentinel-1 images by Deep Recurrent Neural Network.
RUS Copernicus technical user support, 2017/11 – 2018/12
European Space Agency, Brest, France
· The acquisition, processing and analysis of optical and SAR satellite imagery for different land and marine applications.
· Developing a software in python (SentinelSat, GUI with PyQT4) for automatically downloading, preprocessing and organizing collocated Sentinel 1, Sentinel 2, Sentinel 3 and CryoSat data.
· Developing a software in python for preprocessing and visualization of CryoSat and Sentinel 3 altimetry waveforms (GUI with PyQT4).
· Providing technical and scientific support for scientists working with RUS virtual machines.
· Coding in Python for fully automatic water body extraction using synergy of Sentinel 1 and 2 Using SnapPy, Scipy, Numpy, Matplotlib, Pandas, GeoPandas and Scikit learn.
· Developing a fast and reliable method for operational Sea Ice classification (4 Class); Comparison and testing of Deep Learning (Using Keras), SVM, Random Forest, XGboast. Coding in Python using GDAL, OGR, Fiona, Shapely, Folium and Scikit learn.
· Sea ice drift from Sentinel-1 SAR imagery using open source feature tracking (Nansat, OpenCV)
Research Assistant, 2016/11 – 2017/09
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
· Data assimilation of Passive microwave, SAR and Sea Ice models.
· Parallel processing and cloud computing
· Big Data, Spark and Hadoop
RS & GIS Specialist, 2015/11 – 2016/10
Bio Monitoring by Remote Sensing Company (BioMoRS), Tehran, Iran
· Drought monitoring using Modis and feasibility study of drought forecasting using combination of Remote Sensing, Artificial Intelligence (AL), Neural Network (NN), and Weather research and Forecasting Model (WRF).
RS & GIS Specialist, 2013/01 – 2015/11
Remote Sensing and GIS division, Iranian Space Research Center (ISRC), Tehran, Iran
· “Design and development of a monitoring system for measurement, analysis and management of rice area, yield, and production in the Caspian plain, using geo-information technology” for Iran Agriculture Ministry: In this project we used SAR data for rice fields mapping and combination of optical and thermal images for crop and yield estimation using SEBAL and METRIC algorithm to maps evapotranspiration, biomass growth, water deficit and soil moisture. In this project I was project manager of R&D and software developer.
· Comparing estimation of soil moisture using thermal and dual polarimetric data.
· Estimation of crop area and yield for Potato in Isfahan province for ministry of agriculture.
· Conducted fieldwork for these projects including sampling soil and measuring soil moisture in lab, sampling and measuring Leaf Area Index (LAI).
GIS Analysts, Software developer 2010/01 – 2013/01
Remote Sensing and GIS division, Aerospace Research Institute(ARI), Tehran, Iran
· Monitoring forests and natural resource system and modeling deforestation in Iran Using Land-Use Land over Change (LULCC) algorithms: This project had two part, long term time series analysis of deforestation and LULCC using Landsat series and in depth analysis of recent changes using high resolution images (Rapideye) and then modeling the future using GIS analysis and cellular automata.
· Implementation of Fire Danger Risk System for Iran’s Forests: In this project I used IDL and ArcPy to automatically collect weather station remote sensing and auxiliary data, generated fire danger risk maps and finally present result in a web GIS portal. The presentation of result was done in joint effort with my colleagues using ArcGIS server and later I learned open Geoserver, open Mapserver and QGIS Server.
In this project we installed our server next to the receiver and I used IDL to converting raw MODIS data (PDS) to HDF, preprocessing, implementing three major fire detection algorithm, analyzing output, and finally sending fire alarm to fire fighters and authorities via SMS and email.
· Lead in evaluating atmospheric calibration algorithms and developing atmospheric effects removal and radiometric calibration modules for satellite images in order to select best method for Iran’s situation for Iran’s National Geographical Organization. (MODTRAN, 6S, DISORT)
· Conducted fieldwork for all of these projects including working with RTK and dual GPS for measuring changed area,
· Pipeline rout selection from Bellanaboy, north Mayo, to Galway.
· Wind planet site selection in Indiana state using modeling wind speed
· Estimation of energy leak in buildings using temperature modeling and remote sensing data in Mashhad city for Mashhad municipality.
· Manual of Satellite Image Correction, National Geographical Organization.
M.Sc. Degree in Remote Sensing & GIS Engineering 2010
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
(Equivalent to a Master’s in Remote Sensing & GIS Engineering, as determined by World Education Services, Toronto, ON)
B.Sc. Degree in Surveying Engineering 2008
Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University,Tehran , Iran
(Equivalent to a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, Major: Surveying (Geomatics) Engineering as determined by World Education Services, Toronto, ON)
Adoptive and flexible, Friendly and kind, Introvert, Result oriented, Independent and direct to the point.
American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS)
Job Related Training Courses/Certificates
Neural Networks for Machine Learning (University of Toronto)
Applied AI with DeepLearning (IBM)
Advanced Machine Learning (National Research University Higher School of Economics)
Neural Networks and Deep Learning (deeplearning.ai)
Introduction to Data Science in Python (University of Michigan)
A Crash Course in Data Science (Johns Hopkins University)
C# Essential Training: 1 Syntax and Object Oriented Programming (Lynda.com)
• C# Essential Training: 2 Flow Control, Arrays, and Exception Handling (Lynda.com)
Learning ArcGIS (Lynda.com)
Learning MATLAB (Lynda.com)
Learning Python with PyCharm (Lynda.com)
Learning Python GUI Programming (Lynda.com)
Python Essential Training (Lynda.com)
Building Deep Learning Applications with Keras 2 (Lynda.com)
Machine Learning and AI Foundations: Recommendations (Lynda.com)
Real-World GIS (Lynda.com)
Learning SQL Programming (Lynda.com)
Spark for Machine Learning & AI (Lynda.com)
Docker for Developers (Lynda.com)
Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map in Excel (Lynda.com)
Machine Learning and AI Foundations: Value Estimations (Lynda.com)
The Essential Elements of Predictive Analytics and Data Mining (Lynda.com)
Building a Recommendation System with Python Machine Learning & AI (Lynda.com)
Artificial Intelligence Foundations: Thinking Machines (Lynda.com)
ArcGIS Pro Essential Training (Lynda.com)
Exam Tips: Project Management Professional (Lynda.com)
Windows Server 2012 Installation and Configuration (Lynda.com)
Data Science and Analytics Career Paths and Certifications: First Steps (Lynda.com)
Learning Python (Lynda.com)
• Access 2016 Essential Training (Lynda.com)
• Functional Analysis
• Data Analysis (University of Washington)
• Fundamentals of Digital Image and Video Processing (Northwestern University)
• Geodesign: Change Your World (Penn State University)
• High Performance Scientific Computing (University of Washington)
• Introduction to Data Science
• Maps and the Geospatial Revolution (Penn State University)
• Machine Learning (Stanford University)
• Scientific Computing (University of Washington)
• Statistical Inference (Johns Hopkins University)
• The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Johns Hopkins University)
• The Dynamic Earth: A Course for Educators (American Museum of Natural History)
• The Caltech-JPL Summer School on Big Data Analytics
Windows 10: Administration(Lynda.com)
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Support (Lynda.com)
Windows 10: Advanced Troubleshooting for Enterprise IT (Lynda.com)
1) Masoumeh Rashidi, Moein Zohary, “Assessment of Mortality Rates of Stomach Cancer among Females in Urban and Rural Areas of Provinces in Iran view point of medical geography”, American Journal of Public Health, 2015
2) Moein Zohary, Masoumeh Rashidi, “Arsenic monitoring in Soil by MODIS Images” Journal of Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015
3) Moein Zohary Masoumeh Rashidi ,“Time series analysis of Air pollution and its effects on Cardiovascular Respiratory diseases from 2010-2012”,2014
4) Masoumeh Rashidi, Moein Zohary, Roya Kelishadi, Reza Rouzbahani, “Relation of Air pollution with Epidemiology of Respiratory Diseases in Isfahan, Iran within 2005 to 2009”, International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences(JRMS), 2013.
5) Masoumeh Rashidi, Moein Zohary, “Correlation between kidney Cancer and Plumb in Isfahan Province, Iran”, International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences (JRMS), Accepted for publication.
6) Masoumeh Rashidi, Moein Zohary, “Comparison Multiple Sclerosis Spatial distributions in Three Areas in Iran”, American Health Journal, Accepted for publication.
7) Masoumeh Rashidi, Moein Zohary, “Assessment of Mortality Rates of Stomach Cancer among Females in Urban and Rural Areas in Iran” , American Health Journal, under review.
8) July 2007: First Prize of 2nd National Festival of Student Publications for “Determination of the Optimum Combination of Polynomial Terms Using Genetic Algorithm” published in journal of Geodetic (in Persian).
9) Feb 2007: “Enhancement in Multi Quadratic Polynomials Using Fuzzy Logic” published in journal of Geodetic (in Persian).
1) P. Fabry, M. Zohary, “Machine Learning for the classification of sea-ice and inland waters in Sentinel-1″, ESA Φ-week 2018, ESRIN, Frascati, November 2018.
2) P. Fabry, M. Zohary, N. Bercher, J. Bouffard “A synergistic use of Sentinel-1 and CryoSat-2 SAR data over sea ice in the Cryo-SEANICE ESA project” Advances in SAR Oceanography workshop, SeaSAR 2018, ESA-ESRIN May 2018.
3) P. Fabry, M. Zohary, N. Bercher, P. Femenias, J. Bouffard ” Sea Ice Classification with Sentinel-1 using Multi-Block Classification” Advances in SAR Oceanography workshop, SeaSAR 2018, ESA-ESRIN May 2018.
4) M. Zohari, M. Motagh,” Comparison of L-Band and C-band Radar images in monitoring subsidence in agricultural area” Fringe 2015, Rome, Italy.
5) M. Rashidi and M Zohari, “Using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques to address relation between Arsenic distribution and cancer in Iran”, 36th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment (ISRSE-36), Berlin, Germany.
6) M. Zohari, M. Motagh,” Multi-sensor approach to address land subsidence in Mashhad, northeast Iran”, 36th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment (ISRSE-36), Berlin, Germany.
7) M. Zohary, M. A. Sharifi, “Thermal Anomalies Detection in Khorasan Jonobi Province Using Landsat Data”,2010 International Conference on Remote Sensing (ICRS 2010),China
8) M. Zohary, M. A. Sharifi, S. Homayouni,”Analyzing of DEM Accuracy and Kernel Size in Thermal Anomaly Detection”,34th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment(isrse34),Australia
9) M. Zohary, M. A. Sharifi, S.Homayouni, “Thermal Anomalies Detection in, Hormozgan Province Using Landsat Data”,34th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment(isrse34),Australia
10) M. Zohary , M. A. Sharifi, S. Homayouni,” Geothermal Potential Area Detection in Iran Using MODIS Data”,CGU-CSAFM 2011,Canada
11) F. Parto, M. Zohary,”Near Real Time Fire Detection in Iran with MODIS Imagery”, International Conference on Sensors and Models in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SMPR 2011),Iran
12) F. Parto, M. Zohary,”An Enhanced algorithm for fire detection base on Change Detection using MODIS data”, International Conference on Remote Sensing and Data(ICRSD 2011),Hong Kong
13) M. Zohary, S.Homayouni”,An Enhanced Index for Monitoring Land Surface Moisture”, International Conference on Remote Sensing and Data(ICRSD 2011),Hong Kong
14) M. Zohary, M. A. Sharifi “Three New Methods for Thermal Inertia Correction in Geothermal Exploration,Asian Conference on Remote Sensing (ACRS2011),Taiwan
15) M.Zohary,Modeling the Spread of fire in Natural Resources Using Polygon Method (Case Study North Of Iran),1st International Conference on Wildfire in Natural Resources Lands ,Iran
References Could Be Provided Upon Requests