207 Ellesmere Road, Toronto, ON M1R 4E2 | (647) 501 – 9065 | [email protected]
- Recent graduate from University of Toronto with a degree in Geographical Information System.
- Excellent oral and written communication with a strong presentation skills.
- Independent with a strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Highly detail-oriented, problem solver with an avid love for puzzles and a critical thinker with an ability to think outside the box.
- Experienced with geospatial software including ArcGIS suite, QGIS, ERDAS Imagine.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint and multi-faceted file formats.
- Experienced in photogrammetry, developing 3D renditions with Meshlab and Agisoft Photoscan.
- Skilled in automation of data processing with ArcGIS softwares through Python scripts.
Computer Science Instructor
July 2017 – January 2020
Alathena International Academy – Richmond Hill, ON
- Instruct Ontario secondary level senior students on introductory level computer science.
- Develop student’s programming concepts and skills, knowledge on software development, skills in developing modular programs, and overall knowledge on topics in computer science.
- Designed creative projects and assignments for students to develop enthusiasm in python coding through various compatible technologies.
- Designed tasks and challenges to develop and refine logical skills to help them grow and create modular codes.
- Maintained student performance statistics to evaluate their progress on both individual and as a class.
- Designed tasks focused on specific students to help them improve on areas they find challenging.
- Demonstrated python’s diverse range of compatibility through relevant software such as ArcMap, PC games and hardware including Raspberry Pi, small robotics.
Mapping Data Collector
September 2013 – June 2014
Scotiabank – Toronto, ON
- Collaborated with GIS web map developers in creating digital map guide for Nuit Blanche.
- Collected and maintained data using GIS Collector app for various art installations throughout Toronto.
- Evaluate environmental challenges to optimize data quality and perform rapid assessments on the fly.
- Capture observations around the city and provide feedback in real-time to create informed decisions.
- Implementing captured data on a web map for review and prepared for final projections by the developers.
- Assist developers with technical support in the field using ArcMap to increase data collection efficiency.
GIS Work, Projects, and Relevant Experiences
GIS Webmap Developer & Project Coordinator
- Mapping 311 calls within the Greater Toronto Area – Project goal was to create a visual map of aggregated 311 call frequencies generated within scale-based zones of Toronto and GTA during the peak summer season.
- Project leader managing a team of four GIS analysts to design and publish a web-based map of GTA.
- Assigning team-members tasks suited to their skillset and setting target deadlines to maintain productivity.
- Taking self-initiatives for the more challenging tasks while assisting members with accomplishing theirs.
- Collected and maintained raw dataset from city of Toronto on 311 calls placed in July and August 2018.
- Processed raw dataset to extract information pertinent to the project to minimize redundancies and avoid large file sizes for webhosting.
- Geo-referenced all calls within the designated areas while paying close attention to overlaps using ArcMap and created shapefiles for geo-processing.
- Designed a webpage using HTML and CSS to host the map to make it accessible online.
- Implemented navigational tools to create a more interactive and immersive user experience.
- Geo-locked maps with specific coordinates to limit UI related digressions to maintain user interaction.
Spatial Analyst and Digitizing Maps
- University of Toronto research project on ancient Hungarian civilization to gather and record spatial archeological data using ArcMap.
- Digitize and create base maps of settlements including land features and artifacts from vector images of ancient Hungary including both historical images and modern aerial photography.
- Managed and maintained digitized data in archives by categorizing range of shapefiles consisting of both land features as polygons and artifacts as points.
- Created python scripts to automate multi-stacked geo-processing tasks such as Buffer and Spatial analysis on voluminous amount shapefiles simultaneously to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Implementing precautionary algorithms to minimize geo-processing errors and maintaining detailed records for edification.
Archeology and Geographic Information System, B.A. (Hons)
University of Toronto (Saint George) – Toronto, ON
- Geographic Info & Mapping
- Advanced Geographic Information System
- Developing Web Mapping
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- GIS Research Project
- GIS Programming
- Computer Programming
- Statistical Analytical Methods
- Virtual Anthropology – Photogrammetry
Active UofT mentor for the Woodsworth Adult Bridging Mentorship Program
Geoarchaeology BA (Hons) at University of Toronto