GIS database developer
Toronto, ON M4C 5L8 · (647) 780-3646 · [email protected] · www.linkedin.com/in/manansh
GIS Database Developer
GIS database developer with 9+ years of experience working in all stages of software development life cycle, using waterfall and Agile methodologies. Successfully handled concurrent projects with stringent timeline, managing a high volume of activity with flexible scheduling needs. Worked with global clients and teams, with cross-functional and cross-cultural engagements.
Skills and Expertise
· Design, development and management of large, robust SQL databases and ArcGIS enterprise geodatabases. (MS SQL Server, ESRI ArcSDE)
· Data analysis, processing, migration and validation of attribute and geospatial data, with great attention to detail and data integrity. (T-SQL, ArcGIS Desktop, Python)
· Development and maintenance of desktop and web-based applications, automation tools and work flow processes. (SQL, C#, .NET, ArcGIS Server, ArcObjects, ModelBuilder)
Lead Engineer/Senior Software Engineer 2011 to 2018
Risk Management Solutions
Involved in analysis, planning, development and enhancement of data solutions; wrote complex SQL queries and stored procedures; performed various geoprocessing operations.
· Reduced data analysis, processing and migration time by more than 50 % by developing automation processes.
· Developed data validation process containing over 1000 business rules, which reduced the data validation and testing time up to 80% and led to consistently achieving an error-free deliverable.
· Held ownership of management and administration of high transactional SQL and geospatial databases up to 500 GB in size, having 30,000+ tables and 100 million+ records. Won ‘Bravo’ Performance award for being consistently effective at it.
· Performed data analysis, processing, migration and validation of 100 million+ Address records, with very strict deadlines. It was an integral part of the project to replace RMS’ dependency on external geocoding services, thereby saving substantial licensing fees. Led to being one of the youngest to be promoted to a lead position.
Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer 2008 to 2011
Involved in requirements analysis, planning, design, development, testing, deployment, support and documentation of desktop and web-based applications.
· Developed high priority enhancements and provided critical support for Crisis Management application during the 2010 British Petroleum oil spill in Gulf of Mexico. The application made it to Infosys’ homepage as one of the featured applications at that time. Won ‘On the spot’ performance award for my contribution to the project.
Bachelor of Engineering: Civil Engineering, 2008
Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya College of Engineering, India