LAKSHMI PRIYA MOHAN
Mississauga, ON ♦ [email protected] ♦ (437) 983-1321
• Total 12 years of working experience across various field as Environmental GIS Specialist, CAD Designer and Research Associate
• Over 8 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing, data mapping, spatial data analysis, environmental remediation, data reporting, maintaining geodatabase, good at using AutoCAD map.
• Familiarity with LiDAR, 2D and 3D digital raster image formats.
• Six sigma green belt certified – expertise in using six sigma tools.
• Expert in Advanced Excel and Access.
• Team-oriented mentality, good multitasking, problem-solving, organizational abilities and strong leadership skills, good at reporting and analytics.
• Accomplished at providing technical feedback on both domestic and international projects.
• Successful at opening up communication between departments and meeting project demands.
• Multi-talented consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements.
ESRI ArcGIS Suite | Geoprocessing tools | GIS Analysis | Remote Sensing | Data Processing | Python Scripting | Spatial Data Management | AutoCAD | Environmental Data Reporting | SketchUp | LiDAR | MicroStation | Quality Control | Report writing | Six Sigma Tools | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Visio
GIS Specialist, Honeywell International Inc (2013 – 2020)
• Combined remotely-collected and on-site data acquisition to generate unified geographic mapping information.
• Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using Python.
• Designed digital maps with geographic data and other data sources; create shapefiles to merge topographical with external data.
• Joined layers using ArcMap with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to manipulate the client’s maps based on their specific needs, e.g., comparisons between the groundwater elevations and the chemicals of concerns.
• Develop and manage digital drawing files in AutoCAD, tabular and spatial databases in ArcGIS Geodatabase.
• Operated as primary point of contact for clients, providing GIS work order proposals with time-to-completion and budgeting estimates.
Environmental Remediation responsibilities:
Alliance Partners: Arcadis, Wood (AMEC FW), Jacobs (CH2M Hill), Environ/Ramboll, ERM, MWH, OBG and Parsons
• Experience in Remediation Data Management, Validation and Reporting for Groundwater, Soil Gas or Vapor and Air lab analytical and field reports for brownfield remediation sites Phase I and II.
• Experience in understanding of the compliance reporting requirements of respective regulatory agency requiring submittals for US, UK and Middle East.
• Experience in handling complicated remediation sites like Sky Harbor, Elsegundo, Tampa, Solitron, BBI Newark and most of California, Florida, New Jersey regions sites for preparing the reports and small/text report writing.
• Supporting on Operation and maintenance (OM&M) sites related task like Data Management and Data Reporting, Project Status Reports and also all phases of remediation.
• Good knowledge in environmental remediation concepts and application of the requirements of RCRA, CERCLA and other EPA agencies requirements pertaining to Environmental Protection.
• Prepared project related technical documents including environmental reports, technical specifications, work plans and drawings for review.
• Analysed new environmental software to improve and centralise reporting process.
• Introducing six sigma tools and concepts for process improvements and remedial analysis and reporting.
• Oversaw multiple programs and functions simultaneously by leveraging strong organizational and project management skills.
Senior Engineer, DSM Soft India (P) Ltd (2011 – 2012)
• Hands-on experience in project management of various GIS utility mapping 2D Mapping projects.
• Experience of GIS application to Land management, forestry maps and in watercourse network.
• Classified the ground and surface points with the las datasets and processed LiDAR point clouds from aerial data
• Converted raster map data to vector polygons for a series of “grid cell” UTM forest inventory maps.
• Analyzing and document the GIS business needs.
• Responsible for Planning, Coordination, Monitoring Status reporting
• Proficient in GIS analysis, documentation and mapping.
• Adjust remotely sensed images for optimum presentation by using software to select image displays and define image set categories.
• Perform creation, conversion, translation, migration, and import of GIS data from various sources.
• Perform editing, quality control, data manipulation and analysis functions to digital map data.
• Increased productivity, accuracy and efficiency while reducing delays and eliminating errors during data upload procedures.
• Perform quality review among the peers and on time delivery of reports.
CAD Designer, CADS Software India (P) Ltd (2006 – 2010)
• Preparation of working drawings in AutoCAD.
• Experience and proficient in CADS RC software
• Testing software builds to raise defects, issues or change requests.
• Installed and configured software applications and tested solutions for effectiveness.
• Reviewed requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
Research Associate, National Institute of Technology (2005 – 2006)
• Evaluate, monitor and mentor student academic progress on Environmental Engineering, Surveying and Engineering Drawing.
• Delivered comprehensive bid proposals for machineries and gained client approval on costs.
Masters in Business Administration, Tamil Nadu Open University, India (2005 – 2007)
Bachelors in Civil Engineering, Anna University, India (2001 – 2005)
Six Sigma Green Belt, Honeywell International, 2014
Python for Everyone, 2021
Learning QGIS, 2021
Spot Award ▪ Technical and People Leadership Award ▪ Bronze Award ▪ Individual Excellence Award ▪ Team Excellence Award