Krishna Kafle | GIS Developer
Balkumari, Lalitpur, Nepal | +977-9843167110 | [email protected]
Skills & Abilities
• Good concept of Machine learning algorithms along with the implementations
• Image analysis with Google Earth Engine
• Good working skills with pandas, Jupyter notebook, matplotlib and seaborn
• Complete knowledge of Scikit-learn and TensorFlow library for Machine learning in python environments
• Sufficient knowledge of supervised and unsupervised learning models for the data analysis with various ML models
• API development with DRF
• Able to work in Linux with complete command line environments
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Spatial data analysis skills
• Windows Server 2013/2016 with IIS setup
• Ubuntu Server Setup
• Postgres & PostGIS as database design
• Proficient in Django for Web development and Python for data analysis
• Full stack developer in the web technologies
• Complete knowledge of ArcGIS and QGIS along with the Image analysis
Data Management & Analysis | CIMMYT-NEPAL | JUNE 2021 – PRESENT
• Building Footprints extraction with UAV image/ satellite image:
I have used different ML models like SVM, MLP for the building detection from satellite image and used UNET model for the extraction of Buildings with accuracy of more than 85%
• Landslide mapping area were detected with ML models for the prediction over the Koshi Watershed. For the prediction and verification, I have used existing landslide area based upon digitization of google earth imagery.
• Wheat cultivation area map were prepared for Dhangadi region based upon the field samples for crops.
• Ground water management project. Link: https://gw-nepal.com/
GIS Developer | MAP NEPAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY PVT. LTD. | NOVEMBER 2018 – MAY 2021
• An approach to Municipal Decision support System
• The concept of this project is to help decision makers & planners with the data-driven decision support tool on the web-based platform. This is concept is just like startup idea of our team and is being implemented in different municipalities based upon the data collected by municipalities as their profile.
• Municipal Mapping project summary, visualization & Decision support tool Development.
• System database design & architecture and Data flow diagram and it’ implementation.
• Work Samples:
➢ Project URL: https://vicinjuryatlas.org.au/
➢ Project URL: https://srl.localmun.com/
➢ Project URL: https://profile.tansenmun.gov.np
➢ Project URL: https://profile.bhimeshwormun.gov.np
➢ Project URL: https://profile.damakmun.gov.np
➢ Project URL: https://profile.walingmun.gov.np
➢ Project URL: https://profile.tikapurmun.gov.np
➢ Project URL: https://rangeli.kaflekrishna.com.np/
➢ Project URL: https://katari.kaflekrishna.com.np/
GIS CONSULTANT DEVELOPER | RASELLO | NOVEMBER, 2018 – APRIL, 2018 | CONSULTING
• Maintained GIS database and applications by analyzing problems, suggesting problem solutions, and trouble shooting.
• Designed and launched a spatial database and was responsible for writing an application to perform database query and update.
• Algorithm construction for topological check of polygon boundary of administrative boundaries.
• System data flow diagram for the spatial part of the system.
• URL for project: http://ares.rasxp.com:8888/
GIS DEVELOPER | PATHWAYS TECHNOLOGIES & SERRVICES | SEPTEMBER, 2017 – NOVEMBER, 2018
• Worked as assistant for development the web application “GEOKRISHI” having the concept of data driven crop information system. Link: http://geokrishi.db2map.com/HVAP
• All the mapping part of the “Geo-enabled Digital Attendance System” developed in the Dotnet framework. It is used for attendance for any event using user’s mobile. Link: https://npmapp.nepalpolice.gov.np/
• Data visualization and analysis tool development for the population dynamics of Nepal with GeoDjango. (You can visit the work: http://dem.dds4dev.org/ Or http://dem.dds4dev.org/pop/
• Municipal Energy planning tool for suitable energy analysis from the web-map interface. Link: http://mun.pathway.com.np/mep
• GIS data analysis and modification of the data as per requirement, which involves spatial join, formatting and proper management.
• Maintained GIS database and applications by analyzing problems, suggesting problem solutions, and trouble shooting
• Designed and launched a spatial database and was responsible for writing an application to perform database query and update
DEGREE: ME GEO-INFORMATICS (UNDER-GOING Thesis)
KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY (2019-2021)
• Major: GIS, Remote Sensing, Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
• Spatial Data Science & analysis, Geo-visualization, Spatial analysis & Modelling
DEGREE: BACHELOR’S OF GEOMATICS ENGINEERING KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY (2013-2017)
• Major: GIS, Remote Sensing and python programming
• Minor: Land Surveying
• Web based School information system development with PHP, HTML, and jQuery, Openlayers, Geoserver, Postgres and PostGIS as final year thesis
- data analysis
- Deep Learning
- Machine learning
- Spatial analysis
Bachelor of Geomatics ENginering at Kathmandu University