1325 Harris Court, Kelowna, B.C. V1X 7Y2
Demonstrated abilities as an effective and efficient team leader and player with analytical and problem-solving skills. I am solution oriented, possess great planning and organization skills and able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Highlights of Expertise/Skills
• ArcGIS Software
• ArcCatalog dataset creation
• ArcGIS online platform
• Creating, maintaining and administrating databases
• GPS (Trimble and Garmin)
• Map Production
• Training and presentations
• Documentation and reporting
• Vector files
• Raster DEM
• Model builder
Estated, formerly ‘Data Nerds’ – Kelowna, B.C (April 2018 to March 2019)
• Geoprocessing and mapping different layers to standard geographies to improve the accuracy of the company’s schema.
• Combine geospatial data sets on request from the Data Science members for research purposes.
• Validate county property data sets.
• Explore additional geospatial data that is beneficial to the company.
• Cartography – create maps that would be interesting demonstrations for marketing purposes.
GIS Crime and Security Analyst
Ministry of National Security, Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) – Kingston, Jamaica. (2002 – 2016)
• Collected, manipulated and analyzed major spatial data patterns
• Displayed routes and layouts for various activities across the country
• Managed, updated and maintained the company statistics database
• Trained Special Intelligence Force on the collection of data using Trimble and Garmin GPS units and how to digitally share data
• Conducted comprehensive point and boundary mapping for Government departments across Jamaica
• Planned, coordinated and designed the execution of GIS projects
• Researched and evaluated new technologies and methodologies relevant to the GIS application.
• Created spatial data from hard copy and digital sources e.g. GPS receivers and MS Excel files
• Conducted GIS data collection and field mapping exercises
• Conducted data quality control to ensure currency, accuracy and completeness of the data
• Collected and maintained metadata for all data housed in the JCF’s geodatabase
• Conducted complex spatial analyses to determine patterns, trends and correlations
• Designed, updated and maintained the JCF’s geospatial database
• Assisted with the provision of GIS Technical support for internal and external clients
• Designed and created charts
• Produce thematic maps
• Conducted general and specific research in the areas of database management, data collection and spatial analysis
• Monitored hardware and software systems to ensure functionality and reported any related problems to the Police National Computer Centre
• Integrated data from databases across the JCF, to conduct spatial and statistical analysis
National Emergency Response GIS (NERGIS) team member – Ministry of Agriculture – St. Andrew, Jamaica. (2014-2016)
• Mapping exercise of the forest fires that devastated the hillsides in sections of rural St. Andrew
• Business Administration (Management) diploma – Okanagan College 2016 – 2019
• B.Sc., in Information Technology (completed 2 years) – University College of the Caribbean 2013-2014
• Crime Mapping and Analysis Certificate – Northern Caribbean University – 2011
• Global Position System for Geographical Information System Certificate – Spatial Innovision Limited – 2007
• Certificates in Network Analysis, Spatial Analysis, 3D Analysis, ArcGIS 1 and 2, Cartographic Design using ArcGIS, Mobile and Server GIS and Geospatial Portal – Urban Regional Information System Association (URISA) – 2006
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS ver 3.2,3.3,9.2,10.1, Pathfinder Office, Q-GIS
References available upon request.
- sept 2016/april 2019
Diploma, Business Administration at Okanagan College
- April 2018/March 2019
GIS Technician at Data Nerds
- Nov2002/Oct 2016
GIS Crime and Security Analyst at Ministry of National Security Police Dept