GIS Analyst / GIS Technician / Geoscientist
• Diverse educational background lending to a highly versatile technical skill set
• In-depth knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS suite including program automation/customization through Python scripting, ArcToolbox and Model Builder
• 10 years of experience in managing, processing and analyzing spatial data sets
• Highly experienced in data processing and workflow automation including programming in Python, MATLAB, and Visual Basic for Microsoft Excel
• 5+ years of experience working with relational database management systems (RDBMS)
• Experienced in designing and implementing web-based GIS applications
• Skilled communicator allied with a talent in engaging multidisciplinary teams
• 5+ years of managing experience serving as project lead on various field operations, international and domestic
• 5+ years of experience in engaging external stakeholders and providing consultation services
• 10 years of experience in technical report writing
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Geographic Information Systems, SAIT, in progress
M.Sc. in Geophysics, University of Alberta, awarded
B.Sc. in Geology, University of Alberta, awarded
Python Level 1, Continuing Education, University of Calgary, awarded
Consulting Geologist/Owner, SGC Ltd., Calgary
Mar. 2015 – Feb. 2017
• Reported to senior management providing geological consulting services on 7 field projects totalling 10 million dollars in expenditure.
• Employed programming in Visual Basic for batch processing of spatial data, performing time-sensitive field calculations and automating report generation.
• Processed geological data and delivered time-sensitive reporting including detailed geological maps, cross-sections and geophysical well logs.
• Continually engaged clients, built business relationships and trained employees.
Geologist, Bankers Petroleum Ltd., Albania
Aug. 2014 – Feb. 2015
• Selected by senior leadership to oversee the company’s international geological field operations; duties included monitoring of drilling operations, reporting and providing consultation to senior management, and the management and interpretation of geological data.
• Implemented programs developed in Visual Basic for performing complex, on-the-fly calculations of drilling trajectories.
Geologist, DKW Consulting Ltd., Calgary
Jan. 2012 – July 2014
• Provided geological consulting services to clients, collected and managed geological data and monitored drilling operations.
• Promoted to field lead within the first 4 months with the company and was assigned to undertake the most challenging projects due to an extraordinary track record of project successes and positive client relationships.
• Acted as field lead on over 50 projects which included extensive client liaison, project planning, report preparation and writing.
• Salvaged lucrative contracts by assuming control of challenging projects amounting to $125,000 in revenue for the company.
• Continually leveraged a strong technical background to develop innovative solutions and perform time-sensitive calculations.
Geophysicist, Frontier Geosciences Inc., Vancouver
April 2010 – Nov. 2011
• Instrumental in leading up to 15 staff in the planning, coordination, and execution of a broad spectrum of geophysical surveys.
• Recognized by the senior leadership team as a highly skilled communicator and client liaison which led to rapid promotion within 3 months into the role of project lead.
• Acted as the company representative and client liaison on international projects.
• Processed and interpreted a wide range of geophysical data and developed geological models and maps.
• Formulated conclusions as part of numerous technical reports.
AFFILIATIONS AND AWARDS
• SAIT Science Rendezvous Award
(Awarded for web app development and geoprocessing tool development created as part of the BGIS Capstone Project, SAIT).
• Alberta Geomatics Group
• Go Geomatics Calgary
- analysis of spatial data sets
- client consultation
- data processing
- ESRI ArcGIS suite
- geodatabase management
- map making
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Model Builder
- project leadership
- project management
- project planning and organization
- relational database management systems
- script writing
- team building
- technical report writing
- Visual Basic
- Expected completion Oct., 2018
• Bachelor of Applied Technology in Geographic Information Systems at SAIT
The technical training component of this degree has been completed (April 2018). I require four months (800 hours) of industry experience to finish the degree in full. I am not required to return to school after this portion. As such, I intend to continue working after the required 800 hours.
Master's of Science with Specialization in Geophysics at University of Alberta
Bachelor's of Science with Specialization Geology at University of Alberta