Self motivated individual seeking an opportunity to work with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) across various fields particularly in the environmental industry where I can positively contribute to an organization and further develop my knowledge/skills to effectively apply them in future career endeavors.
GIS Portfolio: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/94ffab8badc04ea7b328016ff4f755c8
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS
– Environmental-GIS Research/Lab/Field Skills – PCI Geomatica & eCognition – SQL Platforms
– Web GIS & ESRI Products – Python, Linux & FME – AutoCAD
Post-Grad Certificate, Geographic Information Systems Application Specialist 2021
Fleming College, Peterborough ON
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science 2014 – 2018
University of Guelph, Guelph ON
GIS Volunteer/Hydraulic River Modeler, Global MapAid 11/2021 – Present
Stockport, England, United Kingdom (Remote)
GIS Tutor, TeacherOn.com 03/2021 – 08/2021
· Working remotely, I offered my existing geomatics knowledge/expertise to assist students and others in their work and assignments.
GIS Volunteer, Ecologists Without Border 02/2021 – Present
Seattle, Washington, USA (Remote)
· Completed several various projects for the organization.
· Winam Gulf Land Cover Project: Created a brief report from researching historical land cover maps for Kenya & Africa in the development of a deforestation mapping project in the Winam Gulf (Kenya) watersheds.
· Marines Plastic Project: Find a series of beaches that volunteers will pick-up trash by utilizing long walks on the beach and assist with finding beaches that fit the criteria for this project and gathering surrounding data about these beaches for the project leadership to be able to rank and evaluate the beaches and select those that they believe fit the project the best.
GIS Data Technician, Fugro Roadware 09/2021 – 11/2021
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (Remote)
• Performed quality assurance and control (SQL queries) of road sensor data (events/distress) and digital images from the Automatic Road Analyzer (ARAN) collection vehicles using industry-standard software.
• Collaborated with internal/external teams on project status and technical challenges. Made use of softwares/applications such as SQL Server, Roadware Vision, MS Excel and more.
Operations Intern, GHGSat Incorporated 06/2021 – 08/2021
Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Remote)
• Supported the Operations Team, attended daily meetings to assist with weekly & long-term planning of observations to be tasked on the satellites & aircraft. Assisted with developing new version of satellite post-processing procedures.
• Perform post-processing steps on aircraft & satellite observations which includes georeferencing of retrievals, analysis of methane layers, detection of methane plume, source rate calculation and preparing customer deliverables.
• Created concentration maps for clients using various python scripts. Worked on new data analytics process where potential plume origins are located. Made use of Python, QGIS, Linux, GIT Repositories, PostgreSQL and more.
GIS Volunteer, Village Earth 02/2021 – 05/2021
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA (Remote)
· Assisted with various GIS related projects & tasks that contribute to Village Earth objectives, including:
· Task 1 – Geocode the Indian Wars Casualties Database.
· Task 2 – Mosaic and Georeference JPEG images of historic Pine Ridge allotment Map.
· Task 3 – Update map of Lakota place names for Sincagu Treaty Council.
Mapping Volunteer, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap’s Team 04/2020 – 07/2020
· Working remotely, I performed mapping tasks primarily digitizing base maps via tracing buildings, roads, and waterways. Assisted in data processing and other visualization duties using the Tasking Manager.
Operations Service Officer I, TD Bank Group 05/2018 – 06/2019
BeSpatial/URISA Ontario, Student Member 05/2020 – Present
• Offered existing skills, experiences, and knowledge by contributing to the GIS community in Ontario
CrisisMappers, Volunteer Content Writer 09/2020 – 12/2020
· Created geomatics related content for the CrisisMappers website blog to involving global humanitarian efforts, GIS/mapping technology and relevant news/events.