GIS Data Assistant
Experienced GIS data assistant with a demonstrated history of working in the field of spatial analysis. Skilled in digitizing, database management, geospatial analysis, metadata creation and remote sensing applications. Strong information technology professional with a Bachelor of Science focused in Statistics, Environmental Geography and GIS from University of Toronto. Actively looking for the GIS Technician/Analyst or Environmental Planner careers.
· Outstanding 4 years geospatial analysis experience with ArcGIS and GPS.
· 4 years demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Access.
· Advanced data visualization and dashboard creation ability in Tableau.
· Strong database manipulation and report creation skills in MS SQL Server.
· Strong programming analysis skills in Python related to GIS analysis.
· Solid time management and organizational skills, able to prioritize tasks under fast-paced environment.
· Able to work independently or within a team with a detail-oriented attitude and commitment to quality.
· Strong technical writing skills with a critical thinking mind.
· Fast learner, result-driven, highly enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
05/2017 to 08/2018
Scholars GeoPortal Data & GIS Assistant
University of Toronto － Toronto, Ontario
· Organizing and maintaining large collections of spatial datasets, assisting a team of 6 in shapefile batch conversions, MXD file creations, geodatabase maintaining, etc.
· Creating and updating metadata for over 10 collections of geospatial datasets
· Checking and revising scale, projection, symbology, etc. and producing thumbnail images before uploading datasets into the online portal.
· Testing and enhancing the online portal functionalities, resolving technical issues by conducting extensive researches or by co-operating with the team, publishing map services for student/staff use across Ontario.
09/2017 to 05/2018
GIS Research Assistant
World Wildlife Fund – Canada － Toronto, Ontario
· Under IPCC standards, perform geospatial analysis such as land-use reclassification and data points generation in ArcMap for 23 years historical land-use datasets.
· Performing statistical analysis (logistic regression) to predict the future land-use change in Ontario’s eco-zone, producing the estimated land-use change map using ModelBuilder to visually compare with the actual land-use map.
· Writing a detailed instruction to explain the land-use analysis procedures, which effectively influenced the conservation areas planning process.
· Involved in the WWF’s Ocean Map project, assisting the team in layer files format conversions using QGIS, and uploading layer files to the Ocean Map.
09/2014 to 06/2018
Bachelor of Science
University of Toronto – St. George Campus － Toronto, ON, Canada
· Major in Environmental & Physical Geography and Statistics Science
· Minor in Geographic Information System
COURSES AND PROJECTS
09/2016 to 12/2016 Advanced Geography Information System
· Produce a map to help a hiker team that lost in mountains to find their way home using 3D surface analysis
· Perform raster analysis on satellite image to help customers buy houses in well vegetated areas and close to schools and healthcare facilities
01/2017 to 05/2017 Environmental Remote Sensing
· Geo-referencing the City of Toronto area by collecting the Ground Control Points (GCPs) and minimizing the root mean square errors (RMSE)
01/2017 to 05/2017 Watershed Hydroecology
· Study the impact of vegetation density and air temperature on evapotranspiration by performing simulations on BEPS-TerrainLab Model
09/2017 to 12/2017 Field Methods
· Explore the impact of channel geomorphic factors on riffle-pool sequence spacing in Kettleby Creek by collecting field data and analyzing data in R
01/2018 to 05/2018 Programming in GIS
· Using Python to estimate air pollution values for 30 days by different census divisions in the southern Ontario
- data visualization
- Geospatial Analysis
- Mc Access
- remote sensing
- Statistical Analysis
Bachelor of Science, Physical&Environmental Geography, GIS, Statistical Science at University of Toronto
GIS Data Asistant at Ontario Council of University Libraries
GIS Research Assistant at World Wildlife Fund - Canada