Address: 1704-1338 York Mills Rd. North York, ON, M3A 3M3
Cell Phone: (416) 886-9571
E-Mail: [email protected]
Masters in Anthropology (MA). February 2019. Western University, London, Canada.
Certificate in Applied Digital Geography and GIS. November 2016. Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
Arts and Science Bachelor Degree. Specialist in Archaeology Degree and Minor in Near Middle Eastern Studies. June 2014. University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Quilcapampa Archaeological Investigation Project. Majes, Peru. 2015 – Present
GIS Specialist-University of Toronto Research Assistant
The Bronze Age Körös Off-Tell Archaeology (BAKOTA) Project. Toronto, Canada. 2015 – 2018
Archaeological Services Inc. Toronto, Canada. 2014 – 2018
University of Toronto – Wadi Ziqlab GIS Lab. January – May 2015.
· Chair of the planning committee for the 6th annual Western Anthropology Graduate Student Conference 2018.
· Co-President of the Western Anthropology Graduate Students (WAGS) 2017-2018
· Member of the Graduate Student Teaching Award (GTSA) Committee 2017
· Society of Graduate Students (SOGS) Councilor 2016-2017
Native Spanish-speaker (spoken and written) and proficient in English (spoken and written at an academic level)
Comprehensive knowledge of Geographic Information Systems, database management, photogrammetry (Agisoft), drone flying, infra-red remote sensing, ERDAS, geophysical surveying techniques, total station use, and Microsoft Office products.
1 Master’s Thesis, 4 Academic articles, 1 Book chapter. Full list available upon request.
Masters in Anthropology at Western University
Master’s thesis involved the application of GIS and remote sensing technologies to map and interpret an archaeological site.
Certificate in Applied Digital Geography and GIS at Ryerson University
GIS courses taken on a variety of environmental specialties.
Specialist in Archaeology and Minor in Middle Eastern Studies at University of Toronto
Various GIS and remote sensing courses taken as part of the curriculum
GIS Specialist at Quilcapampa Research Project
• Drone surveying of the Sihuas Valley for geoglyphs, roads, petroglyphs, and other features which were then identified and mapped through GIS. Using a variety of spatial statistics and analysis to understand the landscape of the valley. The results of this study led to various academic publications, presentations, and magazine articles.
GIS Specialist at The Bronze Age Körös Off-Tell Archaeology (BAKOTA) Project
• Leading the rectification and digitization project of field excavation records with use of GIS. I developed long-term standards, guidelines, and symbology for use in the project. Additionally, I taught undergraduate students the methods and standards required for the project and how to use GIS more broadly. Over 400 maps have been subsequently translated into Hungarian for submission to the Ministry of Culture.
Field Archaeologist at Archaeological Services Inc.
• Performed field excavations for a heritage consulting firm doing environmental assessments. I have experience on all stages of excavations, both historic and pre-historic. I also have extensive experience with photographic recording, technical drawing, and total-station use for archaeological excavations.