GIS Analyst/Technician STUDENT
Highly professional individual with over ten years’ experience in corporate sector of the energy
industry; looking to specialize in geospatial data visualization and management of multi-user
geodatabase workflows for innovative GIS projects.
• 3rd year university student in Bachelor of Applied Technology GIS, SAIT; expected graduation date
• Bachelor of Science degree in Geology, 2009.
• 10 years’ experience in upstream oil and gas industry and 2 years’ experience owning and
managing a small retail business.
• Thorough experience in a robust set of technological and analytical programs including ESRI ArcGIS
Desktop 10.6, 10.7, and ArcGIS Pro, Petrel, IHS Petra, IHS AccuMap, and GeoScout.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, and related file types and functions.
• Proficient at designing and presenting technical data in a variety of professional settings.
• Excel in areas demanding a high level of scrutiny to detail and quality while enforcing set quality
• Outstanding communicative skills in collaborative team-oriented settings, building and maintaining
• Exceptional time management ability in fast paced, high pressure environments utilizing multitasking and organizational skills.
• Methodical and objective approach to data acquisition, management, and analysis.
• Actively seeks out methods to improve workflows and personal development.
Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems, SAIT, Calgary
• Currently Enrolled: September 2020 – June 2022 Current GPA: 4.0
Bachelor of Science in Geology – University of Calgary, 2009
• Recipient of Jason Lang Scholarship for outstanding academic excellence, 2004
Geosteering Specialist, Contractor, Calgary October 2017 – September 2020
• Remotely Geosteered over 200 single and multi-lateral oil wells in Alberta and Texas using log analysis and
interpretation of real-time rig data.
• Directly improved the rate of return on the company’s oil plays by interpreting real-time data to make split-second decisions on well placement.
• Designed, implemented, and maintained a comprehensive data management workflow from acquisition to
• Doubled the size of the Devon Geosteering team by designing and executing an in-house training program
sponsored by several industry leaders.
Owner and Lead Designer, Zenscapes By Emily, Calgary September 2015 – September 2017
• Created and managed a private small business specializing in designing terrariums and other indoor living
plant décor at a retail location for 2 years.
• Participated in several city-sponsored conferences and shows including the Calgary Home show the Calgary
Home and Garden Show, the Lilac Festival, and Spruce Meadows Christmas Market.
• Prepared and executed over 70 workshops, team building events, and private parties.
• Won exclusive décor and maintenance contracts with Bridgette Bar, Health’s Choices, and Sotheby’s
International Realty Canada
Project Geologist, Velvet Energy Inc, Calgary April 2015 – September 2015
• Designed a comprehensive Petrel Model of the Ellerslie formation, utilizing 3D seismic data, well log data,
interpreted formation tops, and core analyses.
Development Geologist, EOG Resources Inc, Calgary June 2009 – December 2014
• Successfully proposed and executed the drilling plans for over 250 horizontal wells over a 3-year period by
utilizing structural trapping theories and reservoir quality evaluation through core analysis and existing
production. Maintained a yearly average of 8000 barrels of oil per day.
• As a member of the Enhanced Oil Recovery team, identified over 50 million barrels of recoverable oil in the
development play and designed specialized well placement to maximize oil production.
• Established relationships with 4 oil companies to cooperatively evaluate and execute a drilling program on
• Prepared and presented over 15 special reports on new technological and analytical approaches to
evaluating oil plays.
Recipient of the Excellence in Production Award from EOG Resources Inc, 2011,
monetary prize and company recognition
Elected Secretary, Market on Macleod Board of Directors, Calgary January 2017 – September 2017
• Managed monthly and yearly budgets of over $1M for the Market and maintained effective working
relationships with over 55 small business owners
September 2020 - June 2022
Bachelor of Applied Technology in GIS at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
June 2004 - September 2009
Bachelor of Science in Geology at University of Calgary