220, 1020 Pembroke Street, Victoria, BC | Cell: 250-882-4146 | [email protected]
Introduction: Highly skilled doctoral degree holder in geosciences (P. Geo eligible) and proficient in ESRI ArcGIS, looking to gain experience in GIS Analysis.
GIS Analyst: Caslys Consulting Ltd (Contract: February 2018 to April 2018)
· Advanced Geographic Information Systems Analyst – constructing maps and performing geostatistical analysis using ArcGIS software.
· Processing and analysing caribou collar data for Boreal Caribou herds in British Columbia.
· Business development stage analysis and compilation of data for the Nunavut Wildlife Deterrent Database.
· Development of strategic plan for creating web maps and apps in ArcGIS Online.
· Creating a database for Saanich Invasive Species and developing a database management plan for maintaining an up-to-date database for the status of invasive species in Saanich.
· Creating a spatial database for water licenses in Northwest Territories.
GIS Analyst: Aqua-Tex Scientific Consulting Ltd (February 2018 to March 2018)
· Watershed analysis for Shawnigan and Comox Lake areas.
· Creating a spatial database of mapping and stream assessment for the Shawnigan watershed.
· Analysis of stream assessment data against a backdrop of aerial imagery for streams around Shawnigan Lake.
· Suitability analysis for wildlife reserve and recreation areas around Shawnigan Lake based on stream assessment and mapping in the area.
· Developing a strategic plan for stream assessment and mapping in the Comox watershed.
Graduate Teaching Assistant: University of Victoria, Canada (September 2008 to April 2017).
· Conducting laboratory sessions and field work in geology for first-fourth year undergraduate students.
· Marking regular assignments and lab exams and maintaining a record of student grades.
· Tutoring undergraduate students in geology during dedicated office hours.
Lecturer: Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Goa, India (July 2005 to September 2007).
· Conducting lectures and laboratory sessions for undergraduate geology students.
· Advising geology major students on their undergraduate thesis and supervising field and laboratory activities related to undergraduate research.
· Grading geology assignments and exams.
· Accompanying geology major students on geological field work involving several days travel around India.
Research Associate (Oceanography): National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India (July 2003 to June 2005).
· Identifying and describing igneous rocks from the Central Indian Ocean and the Andaman Back Arc Basic using a petrological microscope.
· Performing geochemical analysis on basaltic rocks from the Central Indian Ocean Electron Microprobe, Mass Spectrometry, Scanning Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Fluorescence,.
· Assisting in on-board dredging and sampling of oceanic crust rocks during several weeks of research cruises in the Central Indian Ocean.
· Writing technical reports and scientific papers on results of petrographic and geochemical analysis of oceanic crust rocks.
Doctor of Philosophy (Geochemistry): University of Victoria (2016).
Thesis: The Evolution of the Oceanic Lithospheric Mantle: Experimental and Observational Constraints.
Supervisor: Dr. Laurence Coogan, School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria.
Advanced Diploma in Geographic Information Systems Applications: Vancouver Island University (April 2018)
Diploma Practicum: Shawnigan Watershed Stream Assessment and Mapping (Aqua-Tex Scientific Consulting Ltd)
Master of Science (Earth Sciences): Goa University (2001-2003).
Thesis: Geology of the Area Around Insuli, Sindhudurg District, Maharashtra.
Supervisor: Dr. T. A. Vishwanath, Department of Earth Sciences, Goa University.
Bachelor of Science (Geology major): Goa University (1998-2001).
Thesis: Iron ore mining at Dempo Mines: Prospecting, Mining Methods, Commercial and Environmental Aspects.
Supervisor: Prof. R. P. Gurav, Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Goa, India.