Environmental Geoscience/GIS Specialist with English/Philosophy Background
409 Main Street Shippenville, PA 16254
Home: (814) 782-3854, Cell: (814) 221-5290
Willing to Relocate
- Clarion Area High School, 219 Liberty Street, Clarion PA, 16214
- Graduated: May 2009, Honors Diploma, 4.0 GPA
- Advanced Classes: Honors curriculum, including AP Eng, AP Chem and AP Gov
- Franklin & Marshall College, 415 Harrisburg Ave, Lancaster PA, 17603
- Graduated: May 2013, Cum Laude, Philosophy BA, Eng Minor, 3.6 GPA
- Clarion University, 840 Wood St, Clarion PA, 16214
- Graduated: December 2016, Environmental Science BS with GIS concentration, 3.5 GPA
- Critical/creative thinking, communication, analysis, organization, and writing experience from my Philosophy and English background (4 years)
- Leadership/public speaking experience from being Captain of my college Quidditch team, college courses, and work experience (3 years).
- Background in Accounting from college courses (2 years).
- Background in Management from college courses and work experience (2 years).
- Background in Business Analysis from college courses (2 years).
- Background in GIS from college courses (3 years): ESRI ArcGIS 10 and ArcGIS Pro, ENVI, QGIS
- Background in SQL query data analysis from GIS work (3 years).
- Background in Geology from college courses and field experience (3 years).
- Background in programming from college courses (2 years): C#
- Typing and organizational skills (15+ years).
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Chess club 2005-2009
- Academic Challenge Squad 2006-2008
- Scholastic Scrimmage Team 2008-2009
- Science Olympiad Team 2008-2009
- Track and Field 2009
- National Honor Society 2008
- Franklin & Marshall Quidditch 2011-2013, Captain 2012-2013
- Accepted into the National Honor Society, 2008
- Graduated with honors from high school, 2009
- Graduated Cum Laude from college, 2013
Dr. Yasser Ayad, Director of GIS for Clarion University – [email protected]
Dr. Christopher Hughes, Professor of Remote Sensing – [email protected]
Dr. David Merli, Professor of Ethics and Philosophy – [email protected]ndm.edu
- August 2009/ May 2013
Graduated at Franklin & Marshall College
Philosophy Major/ English Minor
- May 2013/ December 2016
Graduated at Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Environmental Science Major with GIS Concentration
- May 2013/December 2016
Student at Clarion University of Pennsylvania
-Created GIS map comparing Florida election results between 2000 and 2016
-Found a database of registered Florida voters, used that database to create 2 GIS maps showing the spread of Democrats vs. Republicans in both years. Presented maps at NWGIS conference. Project was a collaboration with one other individual; I found the database and created the maps while he chose a color scheme and made the PowerPoint.
-Completed fieldwork mapping fault lines in PA, both GIS and standard
-This project was a group effort consisting of 5 individuals. All of us collected data and most of us helped draw the physical maps. As the only one with GIS experience, I was tasked with digitizing our map.
-Coded an experimental GIS program predicting deforestation in the Amazon based on trends observed through satellite data
-I collected all relevant data through LANDSAT and performed the analysis, however the actual program created to predict future deforestation was a collaboration with one other individual. Work was shared equally.
-Coded a website for a campus organization
-This was a group project consisting of 5 individuals. Labor was divided equally. I coded the layout of several pages, entered the information, and collected the relevant photographs.
-Created an interactive GIS tour of New York City with ArcGIS Online
-This was an individual project. I digitized several NYC landmarks and created the GIS tour with relevant information displayed on the side as well as information regarding the itinerary of a hypothetical tour.