Geographic Information Systems Application Specialist
Passionate to create stronger communities through active participation, driven planning and providing opportunities. Continuous learner of leadership and holds true to personal pillars of accountability, integrity, and forward thinking. @annamkulesza
- Sept. 2018/Apr. 2019
Geographic Information Systems Applications Specialist Graduate Certificate at Fleming College
- Sept. 2017/ Apr. 2018
Urban and Regional Planning- GIS Technician Diploma (In Progress) at Mohawk College
- Sept. 2013/ Apr. 2018
Hons. BSc. Geography and Environmental Science at McMaster University
ESRI Arc GIS App Challenge Participant (Academic)
• (2017) With a team, created an ArcGIS WebApp aimed to improve university student carpooling within the Greater Hamilton area called Student Commute
• (2016) Toronto Open Source Data to create a user-friendly app which spatially summarized how bike friendly a neighbourhood is as well as the location of bicycle infrastructure.
- Sept. 2018/ Apr. 2019
GIS Tutor at Fleming College
• Helped student improve their spatial analysis, geo-visualization, remote sensing, surveying and
geodesy skills through sharing knowledge in an encouraging and motivating way.
• Monitored student performance and create a supportive working environment.
- May 2018/Aug. 2018
Geographic Information Systems Data Management Student at City of Barrie
• Editor techniques such as, editing, attribute updates, database queries and digitization of water infrastructure from historical documents, engineering plan and profiles and engineering drawings.
• Focused on data quality control to ensure water valves, hydrants, water mains and water breaks are complete, up to date, spatially located, edited and documented corrected errors.
• Engaged with the public using interpersonal skills to share knowledge of GIS technologies such as collector apps, editor apps and augmented reality to add value to the City of Barrie
- Sept. 2017/ Dec. 2017
Geography Teaching Assistant at McMaster University, School of Geography and Earth Science
• Provided active insight and guidance to 80 first year geography students through preparation and presentation of content related to social geography.
• Invigilated, assessed and marked submissions, midterms and exams while providing positive or constructive feedback to encourage student support and academic growth.
• Analyzed student’s abilities to use fire insurance plans, create field maps, conduct research and asses the social significance of neighbourhoods in Hamilton.
- May 2016 - Aug. 2016
Hamilton Employment GIS Data Surveyor at City of Hamilton, Department of Planning and Economic Development
• Obtained qualitative and quantitative business information in Hamilton for the 2016 Employment survey through on site visits and follow up phone calls to analyse economical growth.
• Improved local business development by informing business owners of incentive and grant opportunities and connecting them with the city to pursue program.
•Used GeoMedia GIS tools to conduct survey and update status of businesses on Access Database.