ABDUS SOBHAN SEIKH
H 32, Roy, Delson, Quebec, Canada Å 514.946.1017 [email protected]
· Skilled to primary and secondary data collection, edit, manipulation, conversion and storage into the GIS system;
· Geo-processing, spatial data analysis, management, cartographic and thematic map preparation and report writing;
· Independently problem solving and play an important role among multi-disciplinary team;
· Experienced to train and supervise vast GPS and DGPS surveyor team for project requirements.
GIS and remote sensing software skills:
•ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 •ArcGIS Catalog 10.5 •ArcSDE 10.3.1 •QGIS •EARDAS IMAGINE •ENVI •MapInfo 7.5,10 •Surfer GIS 10 •AutoCAD Map •Citrix based Ericson Network Engineer •GIS Smart inventory •Google Earth.
Programming language skills:
Python 3 (learning)
Basic computer skills:
Proficient to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and paint.
Language proficiency: English, French (intermediate), Bengali, Hindi, Urdu.
September 2018 – Present
SUPERVISOR, Marie morin Canada, Brossard, Quebec, Canada.
December 2015 – December 2017
TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE, Hathway cable and datacom ltd., Kolkata, WB, India.
August 2015 – December 2015
GIS ENGINEER, NIPL infra projects pvt. Ltd., Kolkata, WB, India.
October 2014 – August 2015
GIS EXECUTIVE, Reliance JIO infocomm ltd., Kolkata, WB, India.
May 2014 – August 2014
PROJECT ASSISTANT, Hydraulic study department, Kolkata port trust, Kolkata, WB, India.
January 2012 – May 2014
REMOTE SENSING & GIS EXPERT (Freelancer), Society for environmental and geospatial solutions, Kolkata, WB, India.
2013: Master of Science in Geography – Madras University, Chennai, India
2012: Post Graduate Diploma in GIS & Remote Sensing – Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
2018: French class (full time) – Cegep St-Jean-sur-Rechelieu, Brossard, Quebec, Canada
2013: Certificate Course: RIO+20 India Program in Sustainable Development (IARC)
2013: Certificate of mountain climbing
“Change detection of vegetation cover using synthetic color composite” – National seminar on RS and environment. 20th to 22nd March 2014, by the collaboration of school of oceanographic studies, Jadavpur University and DST, govt. of WB.
National service scheme – Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri college premises. 25th December 2009 to 1st January 2010.
- September 2011 to August 2012
Post Graduate Diploma at School of oceanographic studies, Jadavpur University
GIS & Remote Sensing
- June 2011 to Mai 2013
Master of science at University of Madras
- September 2018 – Present
Supervisor at Marie morin Canada
• Responsible to supervise a packaging team and make instant decision for problem solving
• Maintain and fill up related documents up to ready for shipment
• Isolate any issues which will not meet the established quality standards of the company
- December 2015 – December 2017
TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE at Hathway cable and datacom ltd.
• Arrange and follow up for filed survey to obtain the fiber routes, circuits information
• Gathered data conversion and import into GIS software to query, rectification, validation, store and prepare maps for several departments
• Prepare and maintain new and existing fiber optics network database and upload in “smart inventory” web-portal for maintenance the network regular basis
• Coordinate among the department, share information and keep maintaining continuous workflow
- August 2015 – December 2015
GIS ENGINEER at NIPL infra projects pvt. Ltd.
• Organize GPS field survey of pre and post fiber optics installation
• Creation of as-built map, SLD (Single Line Diagram) and RID (route information diagram)
• QC and ITP generation for throughout the route network
- October 2014 – August 2015
GIS EXECUTIVE at Reliance JIO infocomm ltd.
• QC and update as-built data into ArcSDE
• Uploaded as-built data migrate to Citrix based Ericsson Network Engineer
• Codification of the OSP features and placement trans-media, loop, splice closure, and create fiber connectivity through NE
- May 2014 – August 2014
PROJECT ASSISTANT at Hydraulic study department, Kolkata port trust
• Geo-processing, subset raster satellite imageries (SRTM, Liss-III, Liss-IV)
• River cross section profile generation and volume calculation for the river basin
• Measurement of erosional, depositional seasonal variation along the river basin
• Prepare report about river geomorphology and vulnerable conditions
- January 2012 – May 2014
REMOTE SENSING & GIS EXPERT at Society for environmental and geospatial solutions
• Geoprocessing and analysis raster data for relational vegetation health extraction depends on temperature and rainfall effects
• Creek digitization for Sundarbans delta for three decades
• Several years of TIN & DEM creation and analysis to find out most vulnerable landslide areas in Darjeeling district, WB, India