Esri Canada Limited has an immediate vacancy for the Prairies Region in the Calgary office for a Technical Solutions Specialist to support the sales efforts in multiple verticals, including Oil, Gas and Pipelines, Municipal and Provincial Government. This position will report to the Prairies Regional Director and work closely with the Prairies Region Account Managers, National Industry Managers and Regional Professional Services Manager to demonstrate ArcGIS-based template solutions and provide GIS technical advice to customers and business partners.
Technical Solutions Specialist Responsibilities include:
Pre-sales activities are designed to support the sale of products and services offered by Esri Canada. These activities are performed during sales calls, site visits, seminars, proposals and trade shows.
- Team up with Account Managers and Industry Managers to provide technical support and generate sales for key and emerging accounts.
- Advise customers on GIS requirements and strategies, architectures, products selection, and release planning.
- Leverage existing ArcGIS industry solutions and deliver effective demonstrations of ArcGIS products and solutions that address customer needs and competitive situations.
- Work with Esri Canada’s Technology Strategy Group, Industry Managers and Business Partners as required to design, develop and maintain solution demonstrations.
- Assist customers on decisions regarding software solutions, professional services’ needs, business partner selection, and training requirements.
- Assist customers and business partners in integrating ArcGIS technology with their respective products and organizational data.
Post-sales activities are designed to continue and expand the use of products and services offered by Esri Canada and generate additional sales, development of good references, creation of customer satisfaction, and enhancement of Esri Canada’s image as a solutions provider.
- Team up with Industry Managers and Account Managers to perform regular key account reviews and follow ups.
- Act as a technical advisor to customers and partners to provide GIS strategy support.
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum 3 years technical experience working with Esri technology.
- Strong knowledge of GIS solutions for Government (Provincial & Municipal), Natural Resources and Oil, Gas and Pipelines verticals.
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS for Server and Desktop software products.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Collector and related ArcGIS Online templates.
- Experience with Esri Canada’s Business Analyst Canadian Edition products.
- Experience in presenting all aspects of Esri technology to analysts and decision makers.
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in a related field of study.
- Willingness to occasionally travel throughout Canada and US.
- Ability to work from the Calgary office.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, well-spoken and customer focused.
- Self-motivated, goal driven, and efficient team player.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Initiative and follow-through ability
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Prior GIS development and implementation experience.
- Prior consulting services, sales support or sales experience.
- Experience presenting in front of larger crowds.
To apply for this job please visit esri.ca.