Esri Canada Limited has an immediate opening in the Ontario Region Toronto office for a Technical Solutions Specialist to support the sales efforts in multiple verticals including Commercial, Municipal, Utilities and Public Safety. This position will report to the Ontario Regional Director and work closely with the Ontario Region Account Managers, Industry Managers and Professional Services Manager to demonstrate ArcGIS based template solutions and provide GIS technical advice to clients and business partners.
Technical Solutions Specialist responsibilities include:
Pre-sales activities are designed to lead to the sale of products and services offered by Esri Canada. These activities are performed during sales calls, site visits, seminars, proposals and trade shows.
- Team up with Account Managers and industry managers to provide technical support and generate sales for key and emerging accounts.
- Advise customers on GIS requirements and strategies, architectures, products selection, and release planning.
- Leverage existing ArcGIS industry solutions and deliver effective demonstrations of ArcGIS products and solutions that address client needs and competitive situations.
- Work with Esri Canada’s Technology Strategy Group, Industry Managers and Business Partners as required to design, develop and maintain solution demonstrations.
- Assist customers on decisions regarding software solutions, professional services’ needs, business partner selection, and training requirements.
- Assist clients and business partners in integrating ArcGIS technology with their respective products and organizational data.
Post-sales activities are designed to continue and expand the use of products and services offered by Esri Canada and generate additional sales, development of good references, creation of customer satisfaction, and enhancement of Esri Canada’s image as a solutions provider.
- Team up with industry managers and Account Managers to perform regular key account reviews and follow ups.
- Act as a technical advisor to customers and partners to provide GIS strategy support.
- Perform fee-based requirements analysis and definition, product installation and other post-sales services required by customers as required
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 years technical experience working with Esri technology.
- Strong knowledge of GIS solutions for Municipal, Commercial, Utility and/or Public Safety verticals.
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS for Server and Desktop software products.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Collector and related ArcGIS Online templates.
- Experience with Esri Canada’s Business Analyst Canadian Edition products.
- Experience in presenting all aspects of Esri technology to analysts and decision makers.
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience in a related field of study.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time throughout Canada and occasionally to the US.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Courteous, well-spoken and customer focused
- Self-motivated, goal driven, and efficient team player
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Initiative and follow-through ability
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Prior GIS development and implementation experience.
- Prior consulting services, sales support or sales engineer experience.
- Experience with Business Analyst Canadian Edition.
- Experience using Environics Analytics data.
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://esri.ca/en/company/careers/jobs/technical-solutions-specialist-ontario-region →