This is a role that works with project managers, business analysts, vendors, application support teams, IT infrastructure teams, and clients to implement high-quality software solutions that satisfy new requirements and resolve issues raised by application support.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment, relentlessly pursues excellence, and is passionate about Sryas’s ongoing success.
This TA role will have a primary focus on Qualification, and specifically, a newly created Geospatial Services domain that enables Qualification of Wireless Networks.
- Support the Business Analysts, Project Managers, vendors, and the rest of the delivery team to properly introduce new functionality to the Geospatial Services domain
- Champion the initial evolution of the new domain, and create effective roadmaps to keep the domain well positioned ahead of future business challenges
- Ensure all aspects of IT delivery are approached to enable High Availability and quality in production
- Oversee deployment readiness, deployment plans, dry runs, and ensure readiness for smooth transitions of new functionality to production
- Drive technical and procedural enhancements to the Geospatial Services domain to achieve the best possible performance and production availability
- Understand performance and capacity, and proactively identify steps to manage ongoing platform growth
- Review and improve key support procedures in partnership with the application support team
- Review and improve processes for keeping data feeds up-to-date and the results error-free
- Partner with Business Analysists to improve and/or automate test suites
- Provides input and direction to vendors to ensure optimal designs
- Perform testing on technical components of new solutions
- Accountable to ensure technical documentation (architecture diagrams, as-built design information) is in place and kept up-to-date as project and support activities occur over time
- Monitor and interpret application availability metrics, ensuring actions are proactively taken to achieve target results
- Create new metrics as required to ensure appropriate visibility of key performance indicators is in place
- Troubleshoot production issues as 3rd-level escalation contact
- College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience delivering scalable enterprise systems
- Experience with application support and creating procedures for application support teams to respond to production issues
- Experience with leading-edge concepts and techniques (high availability, clusters and load balancing, Oracle performance analysis tools, Google Analytics)
- Experience with Web Services such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, SOA, XML, SOAP
- Deep knowledge of DB systems such as Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, SQL, data modeling, performance analysis
- Proficient working with Redhat Enterprise Linux
- Development skills or general awareness of major programming languages (Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, shell), including web services
- Strong technical writing skills (ability to write clearly and concisely)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (ability to uncover trouble rapidly and provide resolution)
- Performance analysis and tuning experience
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team
- Ability to build bridges with technical & non-technical teams
- Preferred skills/competencies: as part of a team
- Experience with provisioning systems and telecom networks
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with Pitney Bowes Spectrum platform
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, London and Toronto corridors with little advance notification; travel is typically infrequent depending on project needs
- Full time teleworking is not an option
Sryas offers the dynamics and excitement of working in a startup environment, a leading Center of Excellence with top of the line technology and innovation.
Sryas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.sryas.com.