Town of Ajax
Reporting to and under the general direction of the GIS Supervisor, this position is responsible for duties related to the day to day maintenance of the Town’s GIS datasets. This will be primarily maintaining asset management datasets but also assisting with other GIS related tasks and projects.
- Digitize features from aerial imagery and georeferenced plans
- Utilize Geoprocessing to analyze, create, edit and query GIS data
- Work with various sources of survey and GIS data to produce maps and Excel spreadsheets
- Use structured forms and computer applications to accurately record data
- Update GIS layers to reflect upcoming changes in the landscape and boundaries
- Minimum one (1) year of completed study in a Geographical Information System (GIS) related post-secondary program
- Experience using ArcMap or ArcGIS PRO to create and edit GIS data
- General knowledge of spatial data types and conversions, geo-referencing, coordinate systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Excellent time management and planning skills
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Applicants must provide a valid email address for communication purposes (one that you check on a regular basis). If your email address changes, please update your profile with your new email address.
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. As a best practice employer, the Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation you may require during the process.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.