Reporting into the Enterprise Architect, the Solutions Architect is responsible for designing Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and related business-critical technical solutions that meet the Region’s organizational and design requirements. In this role the solutions architect organizes the development effort of a systems solution, developing the overall vision that underlies the projected solution and transforming that vision through execution into the solution. The architect partners with key client stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to determine which technologies to use and drive the development of secure and robust end-to-end solutions.
Solutions Architect – GIS
What you will do:
- Provide expert advice based on in-depth architectural analysis which involves analyzing the technical environment, enterprise specifics and business requirements.
- Provide strategic consulting support and lead the development of solution architectures to support key business objectives. Lead the preparation of technical plans and, in liaison with the IT Solutions team ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provide expert advice on technical aspects of solution development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.), anticipating client needs and taking appropriate action ensuring that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Plan, create, design drawings, design specifications and present IT solutions workflows, and network architecture diagrams.
- Develop working functional prototypes to present and visual communication(s) to client groups and internal stakeholders for review and approval.
- Update platform architecture requirements based on changing technologies/solutions, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with all relevant stakeholders in order to review the objectives and constraints of platform technology solutions, to determine and ensure conformance with enterprise and business architecture; and to recommend the most suitable solutions. Facilitates small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Act as a key liaison negotiating with key stakeholders to employ the correct tools and technologies to benefit the Region. Advocating to improve end-to-end IT solutions across the Region.
- Provide specialized guidance and advice to the IT Solutions delivery teams.
- Provide input into the strategic planning process for the department. Assess and recommend relevant approaches to short-medium term solutions, including recommendations for subsequent phases to align with more complex long-term technology transitions. Monitor the external environment and evaluate emerging technology, public sector and market trends. Assess and document the impacts, threats and opportunities to the Region. Create reports and technology roadmaps and develop recommendations based on relevance to the Region, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Software design to optimize the value of various applications and mitigates risks in their implementation.
- Recommend courses of action on the development of IT solutions and advises on limitations and constraints that are built into platforms.
- Provide technical expert leadership by remaining current with architecture methods and frameworks.
- Provide guidance, technical training, coaching and mentoring to junior technical professionals based on knowledge and expertise as required.
What this role requires:
- Certification in Solution Architecture with recognized architecture framework
- Minimum of 8 years of related and progressive experience, preferably architecture experience in solutions design, technical design, engineering and software architecture design, database design and GIS/Esri platforms.
- Proven ability to design integration approaches and solutions to achieve robust, secure interoperability.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Esri solutions including ArcGIS server solutions design, the ArcGIS product suite, Python and related integration frameworks and API’s.
- Experience implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding on data, security, resilient systems design, integration and application development
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/frameworks
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
To apply for this job please visit careers-peelregion.icims.com.