Binnie is looking for a Senior Surveyor / Land Surveyor in Training (LST) to join their growing Geomatics Group, which provides a wide range of survey services–including control, topographic, and boundary surveys, as well as construction layout.
Have you been surveying for years and are ready to advance?
This position is full-time. You will be working on projects around the Lower Mainland and other areas of British Columbia. You will be an integral part of the team, reporting to our BC Land Surveyor. You will gather survey data, schedule and coordinate survey activities, and oversee Survey Assistants. You will work primarily in the field, with the potential for increased office-based responsibilities as you gain more experience. This is a dynamic role with opportunities for career advancement.
- Conducting accurate land surveys
- Monitoring survey performance on projects
- Ensuring delivery of projects within budgets and timelines
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Making recommendations to Survey Manager for improvements
- Training and mentoring Survey Assistants
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of local legal surveying experience
- Completed Geomatics Degree or Diploma and registration with ABCLS as a Survey Student (SS) or Land Surveyor in Training (LST)
- Valid Driver’s License for site visits
- Working knowledge of survey techniques, equipment and related software/programs
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. From the Evergreen Line Extension, to the St. Paul’s Hospital Redevelopment, to Pacific Coast Terminals, we support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. We are connected from our field staff to each of our six offices and we support communication between all staff, and across all divisions. You’ll be well connected to the rest of Binnie via phone, video conferencing, and our popular intranet. Whether it’s joining a book club, or writing about your experience in the field, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.