Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD)
The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) is located in southwestern BC and consists of 4 member municipalities (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet) and 4 electoral areas. The region contains some of the most spectacular forests, waterways, and mountains in the province and affords an endless range of opportunities for outdoor adventure.
Headquartered in Pemberton, which is the approximate geographic centre of the region, the SLRD delivers a wide range of regional, sub-regional and local services to its residents. Services include land use planning, solid waste management, building inspection, fire protection, emergency preparedness, 911 services, recreation, water and sewer utilities, trails and open spaces as well as financial support for various community services.
The SLRD is seeking an energetic, results-oriented individual with great customer service and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude to join our busy department. As the Planning and GIS Technician you will be responsible for maintaining the SLRD’s web-based mapping system. In addition, you will handle various planning applications.
The ideal candidate will be an upbeat team player with great attention to detail who has:
- A degree in Geographic Information Systems, or a degree in a related field and a diploma in Geographic Information Systems, or a degree in a related field and at least 5 years of related experience in Geographic Information Systems.
- Experience in using ESRI Basic and Standard licenses v10.0 +.
- Knowledge of basic to advanced geoprocessing tasks and ability to create custom tools.
- Knowledge of programming language (VBA) and use of Python and ModelBuilder an asset.
- Experience using AutoCAD software.
- Experience with data collection using GPS, post processing and integrating into file geodatabases.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques used in land use planning and building services. Thorough knowledge of provincial regulations pertaining to planning and development.
For further information, please see the full job description at www.slrd.bc.ca/employment .
Compensation will be determined commensurate with knowledge, skills and ability, includes a comprehensive benefit package and Municipal Pension Plan and offers the ability to work a compressed work week (nine-day fortnight).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a covering letter by email, no later than March 11, 2018 to:
Nathalie Klein, Executive Assistant at [email protected]
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org