PCI Geomatics, founded in 1982, is the world leader in geo-imaging products and solutions. PCI has set the standard in remote sensing and image processing tools offering customized solutions to the geomatics community in over 135 countries and with more than 21,000 licenses distributed worldwide.
PCI Geomatics is a privately held Canadian corporation headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec with offices in the United States and China.
Our teams of experienced specialists are continuously striving to develop new and better geospatial software solutions that serve the needs of Geomatics users around the world. If you believe in excellence, want to work with other creative innovators, and wish to be part of an exciting and globally important technology industry, please send your resume to [email protected] For more on PCI Geomatics, visit www.pcigeomatics.com
Department: SALES & MARKETING
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Technical Solutions Specialist will be an integral member of the sales and marketing team, working with territory managers and resellers ultimately assisting in the generation of revenue by demonstrating PCI’s high-value products and services, getting customers to see the value of PCI solutions, and helping them to be successful. This is done by generating high quality demonstration material, providing technical assistance and consultation, and working through proof-of-concept projects.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Collaborates with customers and sales staff to assess customer needs and product fit.
- Delivers technical components of sales presentations.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, conceives and executes proof- of- concept projects that show unique capabilities (value proposition) of PCI products to clients.
- Travels to customer sites and works through customer data to show that PCI products meet customers’ previously specified requirements.
- Troubleshoots and does real-time problem solving (with assistance from HQ).
- Participates in writing proposals, responding to RFP’s and submitting unsolicited proposals.
- Become a SME in the use of PCI products (including databases, scripting languages, and web technologies).
- Generates high quality demonstration content for use in a variety of communications outlets (presentations, videos, whitepapers, articles, etc…) in support sales and marketing activities.
- Provides feedback to the Technology & Delivery department and Product Management on product capabilities and shortcomings vis-à-vis customer expectations.
- Provides design advice and technical guidance to customers relating to custom applications based on PCI products.
- Demonstrates products, assists sales staff, executes and/or assists in the execution of workshops at trade shows and other industry, client, or partner events.
- Supports and enhances the company-to-client relationship by providing technical advice and assistance.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using remote sensing techniques for satellite and aerial image processing.
- Has the aptitude and educational background to understand the full breadth of PCI products and solutions.
Is self-sufficient and can perform necessary tasks with minimal supervision.
- Has a passion for customer success.
- Is dynamic and confident.
- Understands selling strategies, including “needs satisfaction selling”.
- Is comfortable interacting directly with customers and potential customers.
- Can build compelling demos that resonate with different audiences – from the C-Level executive to the technical buyer/influencer.
- Is able to demonstrate products remotely, using both telephone and/or the internet.
- Experience in technical sales support of complex solutions involving long sales cycles (1-2 years).
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
- International travel is required.
- Speaks, reads and writes English fluently.
- Fluency in a second language (French, Spanish) is an asset.
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a combination of education/training in a Geomatics related field.
- Knowledge of a broad range of GIS/Image processing software packages.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience with PCI technologies is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com