Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural resource Operations & Rural Development
BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
$56,478.64 – $64,337.78 annually
A multi-faceted role in an advanced technical environment
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The bid prices received from auctioned timber support the Market Pricing System (MPS) in setting stumpage rates for coastal and interior operating areas of the province. The costs incurred by BCTS also provide data for the Tenure Obligation Adjustments, contributing to another integral part of the MPS.
The GIS Analyst conducts advanced spatial data analysis in support of program and management decision making on resource planning, land management or other program issues. This position contributes to building the capabilities of ministry staff to maximize the potential of GIS and related geospatial and information technologies through the development, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of standards, procedures and methods for collection, integration, maintenance, analysis, storage and distribution of digital corporate data. Outputs from this position are used for development of science-based policy, standards and guidelines for natural resource management, and informed strategic planning and decision-making regarding forest management activities.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Diploma or degree in geographic information systems, or in related field, such as natural resources or geography and three year (gained within the last five years) of related experience. Or equivalent combination of training and five years (gained within the last seven) years related experience.
• Experience designing and developing customized spatial tools.
• Experience delivering complex spatial analysis projects in support of client’s business needs.
• Project management and administration experience including overseeing contracts preferred.
• Experience in ESRI (ArcGIS) software preferred.
• GIS experience supporting operational forestry preferred.
For more information and to apply before May 1, 2018, please go to:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/49472 →