Website Hatfield Consultants
The Intermediate Remote Sensing Specialist will provide technical expertise for the implementation, design, and management of remote sensing and geomatics projects in Canada and internationally.
The Geomatics and Environmental Information Systems groups within Hatfield Consultants provide technical services to internal project teams and projects, as well as for external clients in the private, government, and international development sectors. The Remote Sensing Specialist is expected to make significant contributions to the success of Hatfield’s strategy in delivering remote sensing products and services to clients in sectors including climate change, mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, forestry, infrastructure and international development. Travel may be required to support projects throughout Canada and internationally.
The Remote Sensing Specialist reports to the Geomatics Group Manager and Geomatics Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical leadership in implementing remote sensing and geomatics projects and services.
- Support identifying and developing new business opportunities in both Canada and internationally.
- Develop project technical reports and proposals.
- Develop processing workflows for satellite data, including ortho-rectification, calibration, and mosaicking.
- Develop workflows and automated processing chains to integrate remote sensing data and products with other data sets from multiple sources.
- Develop workflows and automated processing chains to extract information, including change detection, segmentation, and image classification.
- Plan and implement required validation.
- Communicate clearly with non-technical environmental specialists regarding requirements.
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing remote sensing applications based on client needs in sectors relevant to Hatfield.
- Experience using an extensive range of satellite or aerial LiDAR or UAV data from different vendors to conduct image analysis to deliver thematic products to clients.
- Radar remote sensing (SAR) experience, such as polarimetry and coherent change detection.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to analyze requirements and recommend solutions.
- Five years of experience using remote sensing software and open source libraries and tools.
- Experience in automating image processing and analysis through custom scripts and applications (i.e. Python, R).
- Expert-level knowledge in the use and operation of ArcGIS, QGIS and the Sentinel Application Platform (SNAP).
- Experience developing automated processing workflows for satellite data, particularly using open source libraries and tools.· Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal and written). Ability to formulate, organize, and communicate technical remote sensing ideas and effectively convey these ideas.
- Project management experience in managing technical projects.
- Experience leading technical report and proposal writing.
- General computer skills (MS Office suite, etc.).
- Demonstrated skills in the effective use and operation of eCognition.
- Experience working on projects for the Canadian Space Agency and/or European Space Agency.
- Experience conducting business development with existing and prospective clients.
- Experience in a consulting environment (preferred).
Education and/or Experience:
- M.Sc. or post-graduate qualification in GIS and remote sensing applications in field relevant to Hatfield’s business.
- Interest in environmental management and applications.
- Ability/interest to work in the field, including remote locations.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to [email protected] (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Intermediate Remote Sensing Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com