Website Wood Group
Wood Group is currently seeking a GIS Specialist/Analyst to join their dynamic Multi-Disciplined Team in Fredericton, NB.
You will work under the guidance of Engineers, Archaeologists and Biologists on projects that will include aspects of civil, geotechnical, mining and environmental engineering. The qualified candidate should be self-motivated and able to work on moderately complex multi-disciplined engineering projects.
Looking to expand your career horizons as a member of one of the world’s leading environmental engineering and consulting firms in New Brunswick? This is an exciting opportunity for a GIS Specialist to service our public and private sector clients across Canada.
- Work closely with various professional disciplines, geophysical & GPS data collection teams and Project Managers to prepare drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, technical specifications and calculations
- Trimble GPS (mapping grade) Data uploading/downloading, preparation and post-processing (additionally Trimble GPS Data Dictionary creation would be an asset
- Download, post-process Ricoh GPS Camera Photos;
- Data analysis of various LiDAR formats, DEM/DSM creation and modeling; Generation of mapping products;
- Geodatabase design, maintenance and reporting;
- GIS documentation, metadata creation and reporting;
- Create and Implement QA/QC procedures and standards for data storage, in the office and in the field; and Improve current processes and contribute to the continued growth of GIS services within Wood.
- Coordination with other team members and other units in related operations Assure quality and delivery of products
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent technical diploma and experience in a related discipline Experience in GIS and Geodatabase technologies
- Experience with the following programs: ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (standard or advanced, including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extension), ESRI ArcGIS Pro, Trimble Pathfinder Office, Terra Sync GPS data collection software, Adobe Acrobat, GeoJot + Core (or any equivalent GPS Camera post-processing software
- Work within a standardized means of operation for GIS/CAD users allowing for file sharing between members of design team and partners
- Familiarity with Enterprise Servers
- Excellent understanding of coordinate systems, projections and datums Familiarity with GPS technology and field data collection techniques
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills Highly motivated, conscientious and detail-oriented individual
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under short timelines and able to efficiently prioritize tasks in a high volume, multiple project environment
- Valid driver’s license and passport
Please respond to:
Manager Shared Services
495 Prospect Street, Suite 1, Fredericton, NB, E3B 9M4, Canada
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wood is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://amecfw-canadaexternal.icims.com/jobs/24221/gis-specialist---analyst/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hub=15&hashed=-336207011 →