Website Yucwmenlucwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP
Forestry Enviroment Archeology and Construction
Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is a natural and cultural resource management company wholly owned by Splatsin, under the Splatsin Development Corporation, located in Enderby, B.C. Yucwmenlúcwu provides technical support and expertise to the Splatsin community, and external consulting services to our many clients and partners.
Our team is composed of Forestry, Environmental, and Archaeology professionals and technicians.
Yucwmenlúcwu is seeking a GIS technician to conduct spatial data analysis in support of Environmental, Forestry and Archaeology projects. This position will support management decision making on resource planning and operations. The GIS technician will be key to the development of procedures, and methods for collection, integration, maintenance, analysis, storage and distribution of digital corporate data. The GIS technician will also support Yucwmenlúcwu field operations and assist in growing the business interests in our traditional territory.
This is a six-month contract position, with potential for permanent full-time extension. The expected start date for this position is June 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forestry mapping, including Site Plans, Logging Plans, Appraisal maps, and Cruise Plans
- Delivery of spatial analysis in support of departmental and client needs
- Forestry related spatial reporting through the RESULTS and FTA
- Mapping of archaeological sites and areas of potential
- Mapping and analysis of environmental features and sensitivities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in geographic information systems, and up to three years (gained in the last
five years) of related GIS experience
- Demonstrated experience in ESRI (ArcGIS) software, mapping and spatial analysis
- Up to date with current processes related to data collection, and data dictionary generation
- GIS experience supporting operational forestry
- Familiarity with BC government resource applications and datasets such as ESF, FWA, VRI 2.0
Organization and Leadership:
- Ability to construct, manage, and maintain geodatabases for various clients
- Active participation in a safe, healthy, and progressive work environment
- Ability to work independently, and prioritize scheduling of projects
- Ability to organize and maintain internal spatial databases
- Ability to adhere to regulatory mapping standards in a variety of disciplines
- Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience working with a First Nation Organization
- Experience in Environmental, Forestry, and Archaeological mapping
- Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
What Yucwmenlúcwu Offers:
We offer competitive wages (commensurate with experience). Enderby is a vibrant, thriving community and our location allows for a quality lifestyle with access to many world-class recreational amenities.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the following subject line – GIS Technician Job Application.
The deadline for applications is June 1, 2018. Short listed candidates will be contacted via phone to answer screening
questions, then scheduled for an in-person interview in Enderby, BC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org