https://gisjobs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/GIS-jobs.png 0 0 GIS Jobs https://gisjobs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/GIS-jobs.png GIS Jobs2017-11-01 18:28:272017-11-08 06:57:21GIS Analyst
A challenging opportunity is available to support implementations of various Geographic Information System (GIS) solutions within J.D. Irving, Limited – IT Division.
Role and Responsibilities – Duties may vary by job:
- Use computer programs and software packages to prepare graphic reports, maps, and charts.
- Analyze data sets for daily decision-making procedures.
- Create, develop, and maintain databases.
- Use maps and data sets for spatial analysis.
- Develop computer software regimes to customize geographical information.
- Compile spatial data sets for a variety of sources, including census data, Global Positioning System (GPS) data, field observations, satellite images, and environmental monitoring data.
- Prepare reports of geographical statistics based on spatial data.
- Liaise with colleagues and counterparts in other organizations to share information and procure data sets.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs.
- Focus on leveraging the esri platform to deliver various location based analysis for the Forestry, Transportation, Retail and other JD Irving, Limited Industries
- Develop and support a variety of Desktop, Mobile and Web GIS apps across the various JDI business units
- Deliver high quality map and information products with an emphasize on creating a self-serve mapping portal
Education Requirements – Knowledge & Skills:
- University Degree or Community College Diploma with a focus on Geographic Information Systems
- Training or experience using Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Statistical Analysis, 3D Analyst and Image Server extensions will be considered an asset
- Training or experience using esri’s mobile platform including; ArcPad, ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and Collector for iOS or Android will be considered an asset
- Training and experience developing with dotnet and ArcObjects will be considered an asset
- Team oriented individual with excellent communication skills
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.jdirving.com/jobs/gis-analyst-it-division-5077 →