The Town of Beaumont is seeking a Geomatics Services Analyst for a seven-month term position to help maintain Beaumont’s geographic information system (GIS) and perform a number of geomatics related services to support business operations.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter and update spatial and attribute data using various sources such as record drawings, imageries, sketches and reports and field surveys.
- Develop and perform QA/QC procedures to verify the integrity and accuracy of data.
- Generate reports and sub datasets products from geodatabases.
- Carryout both spatial and attribute data collection using survey grade GPS, mobile GIS applications and other survey instruments as appropriate.
- Process, translate and integrate spatial and non-spatial data into GIS.
- Use ArcGIS tools and model builder to perform various geospatial data analysis to help municipal operations.
- Prepare, print and distribute custom and standard maps as required.
- Maintain geomatics documents and keep GIS linked tables, drawings, pictures, images and other resources organized and up-to-date.
- Maintain field survey equipment and the GIS plotters.
As the ideal candidate, you will have minimum 2-year post-secondary Diploma in Geomatics/Engineering/ Geography/ Surveying or similar, and formal GIS education from a recognized technical institute. You will have three years of related work experience, preferably in a Municipal environment. Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered. You must have extensive knowledge of Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) software suite and strong skills in spatial data and attribute data preparation. Knowledge of surveying principles, hands-on experience of survey instruments, or survey grade GPS is necessary. Strong skills in using AutoCAD software and MS Office Suite and working experience or knowledge of municipal infrastructure are essential. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
The salary for this term position will be based on an annual salary of $50,833. This position will work a 35 hour work week.
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter and resume by May 27, 2018 to:
Human Resources l Town of Beaumont l 5600 49 Street, Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com