Type of Position: Support Full Time Initiatives and Opportunities
Job ID: 1643
Department: Centre for Sustainable Municip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Campus: Toronto – Generic
Location: Multiple Locations
Hours per Week: 40
Date Posted: 2019-01-24
Pay Band: I
Salary Range: $33.67 to $39.02 Hourly
What This Position is About:
This is a 12-month “Initiatives & Opportunities” position – Hiring 2 Full-time Positions (possibility of extension)
Do you thrive on a challenge? We have an exciting and unique opportunity for two motivated IT professionals! These are contract positions that are approximately 12 months in duration, working 40 hours per week. Although these positions are with Fleming College, the successful incumbents will be working full-time with the Manager, Advanced Technologies at our industry partner site (currently in Mississauga, Ontario but relocating to Toronto in mid-March – within a 5-minute walk of the Bloor/Dundas subway station.)
The Application Developers will lead the development work for Advanced Research projects by performing software development (primarily work on Geographical Information Systems (GIS) based spatial database, Agile based web application development and overall System Integration and Testing) between the industry partner’s site and the client’s IT division with the purpose of prioritizing development tasks, challenging and clarifying business requirements and performing analysis, design and development.
The incumbents will provide functional, technical and business analysis support by designing and developing requirements, and performing systems integration with third party applications. The Application Developers will support industry partner and client departments with product knowledge transfer by assisting in transitioning, preparing materials to transfer knowledge and providing recommendations to enhance capabilities.
Further support is provided by maintaining an awareness of current industry standards and assisting the industry partner in evolving and developing information systems that can remain compatible with, and take advantage of, the developing trends in the information processing industry.
For More Information
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
What We Are Looking For:
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, Application Development, System Programming or Geographical Information Systems
• A minimum of 5 years of related experience, including experience with the following:
• Database reporting tools, advanced user-level knowledge of RDBMS, working with multiple systems and points of integration
• Expert-level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and project planning tools
• Advanced experience programming / technical analysis in a GIS / Web Application Development environment
• Experience with the integration of multi-vendor hardware and software systems, networks, and client workstation configurations
• Previous experience defining functional requirements and identifying technical conflicts between systems during the development or integration of new business processes
• User acceptance testing
• Developing definitions of acceptance criteria
• Previous experience evaluating and vetting risks associated with Information Technology system integrations under tight timelines including issues of data security, confidentiality, and reliability of data and information
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical/non-technical users for the purposes of knowledge transfer, troubleshooting, and requirements gathering
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques
• Development of procedural documentation/end-user reference materials
• Experience working independently in a customer-service focused team within a fast-paced business environment featuring critical deadlines, multiple projects and competing priorities
• Dealing with confidential and/or sensitive information
Internal candidates will receive first consideration in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Fleming College family.
How to Apply
Apply to a Fleming College position by going here: My Self Service > Recruiting > Careers or My Campus
> Career Opportunities
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.
Sir Sandford Fleming College is committed to building an inclusive and accessible learning and working environment. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, Fleming College will make appropriate accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
To apply for this job please visit flemingcollege.ca.