Website BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Multiple Locations (On-Site)
This position can be based in any of the following Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure offices: Coquitlam, Langley, Kelowna, Kamloops, Prince George, Dawson Creek or Fort St. John or Victoria.
$73,855.42 – $84,134.34 annually
The Provincial Field Services unit is the delivery component of the Ministry’s highway construction and rehabilitation programs and is responsible for direct field administration of grading, surface paving, and seal coating works throughout the province, covering contracted and day labour projects (planned and emergency response). Provincial Field Services work encompasses all aspects of those administration services and the technical aspects of these construction disciplines.
The Survey Coordinator provides direct technical specialists services in construction survey and geomatics fields, including associated technical and administrative tasks, to meet the highway construction requirements and ministry specifications and standards, including training/mentoring Provincial Field Services construction surveyors as and when required.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree or diploma in Survey or Geomatics or Civil Engineering/Technology and a minimum of 5 years of experience in highway transportation surveying and drawing preparation OR
- Secondary School graduation with a minimum 10 years of directly related experience in highway construction survey.
- Demonstrated experience in operation of precision GNSS and terrestrial survey equipment and related software, especially Survey Trimble Access, Trimble Business Centre and Trimble products used in highway construction.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Civil 3D with respect to Highway construction ground modelling, drafting, and drawing compilation.
- Preferred experience with and knowledge of Terrestrial Laser Scanner
- Valid B.C. driver’s license.
For more information and to apply online by September 26, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/105223
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.