Strum Consulting, a leader in environmental and engineering consulting since 1995, is expanding our Drafting group and has an opening in our Bedford office for an AutoCAD/GIS Technician.
What we offer:
- Excellent pay & benefits
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects
- Benefit from a leading edge customized project management system
- Be part of a Team rather than just a number
The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical background in both Civil Engineering and GIS systems. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements for this position are:
- A Degree, technical diploma or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced drafting skills using recent versions of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS
- Extensive experience working with Civil 3D preferred.
- Willingness to learn and work as a member of a team comprised of biologists, engineers and technicians.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
Technical capabilities for our areas of interest shall be:
- Willingness to work on a variety of environmental, and engineering related projects.
- Assist with the preparation of engineering drawings including plan and profile drawings, concept plans, site grading plans, site servicing plans, etc.
- Assist with environmental plans on a wide range of projects such as stream restoration, stormwater management, environmental inventory maps, permitting, and graphics for reports.
- Prepare base plans using mapping information supplied by others.
- Maintain detailed notes regarding work.
- Attention to detail and proficiency in using software tools is a must.
- As requested, assist with field review of infrastructure construction. Collect data, and prepare as-built drawings.
- Demonstrated project setup ability and familiarity with common industry protocols including National CAD standards
Strum Consulting is a 50 person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Energy, Transportation and Commercial Developments. Strum also provides assistance to clients with land development projects involving many of the largest developers in Atlantic Canada.
Send you resume to Chris Boudreau at [email protected], or by mail/fax to
1355 Bedford Highway
Bedford, NS B4A 1C5