Aerial Geomatics Technician – Field Operator
Terra Remote Sensing Inc. is an international mapping company specializing in the acquisition, analyses, and production of spatial data. We offer world-class expertise in digital airborne mapping, hydrographic charting, marine geophysics, and geomatics support services.
Terra is seeking an experienced full-time Aerial Geomatics Technician – Field Operator to be part of the Aerial Field Survey Team. The Aerial Field Survey Team focuses primarily on LiDAR and aerial image data acquisition, GPS ground control, data validation, analysis as well as processing of results. This role is based out of our Sidney, B.C office.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Aerial Field Survey, responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Acquisition of aerial LiDAR, aerial photography, and INS (inertial navigation systems) data for clients within various sectors (Electrical Transmission, Transportation, Forestry, etc.).
• Mission and logistical planning and execution; including, but not limited to coordinating equipment preparation, mobilization checklists, process forms, flight line and control network planning etc.
• Support GPS ground survey processes as required.
• Monitoring system performance, real-time and post-acquisition data analysis, and quality control procedures to ensure completeness and high-quality data is surveyed and maintained throughout a project lifecycle.
• Processing, calibrating and analyzing data collected from remote sensing equipment (LiDAR, digital photography, INS, etc.) when not in field.
• Proactively performing maintenance and testing in order to ensure proper working condition of equipment – hardware, firmware, software and interdependencies.
• Support for the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, health and safety training and documentation relevant to the Aerial Field Survey Group.
• 1+ years of operator experience in data acquisition, surveying or/and mapping. Experience with remote sensing such as LiDAR, GPS, Orthophotography, INS surveying and/or processing are deemed assets.
• Undergraduate degree or related diploma in a related Geomatics curriculum.
• Ability to perform field survey operations in helicopter and/or small fixed-wing.
• Experience using processing software for the positioning of INS data.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently and sometimes for long durations. The US, Canada and Latin America are frequent locales for projects.
• Experience with prioritization, multi-tasking, and troubleshooting independently while working in remote areas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and aptitude for following process.
• A valid and clear criminal record check is required upon hire.
• Dual citizenship for US/Canada considered a significant asset.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Job type: Full-time or Contract
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org