Website Esri Canada
Esri Canada has an exciting professional opportunity in Toronto for a 3D Geodesign Analyst. As our 3D Geodesign Analyst you will combine your GIS, design, development and analytical skills to aide in the implementation of Geodesign projects within the professional and academic research sectors. This role provides an excellent opportunity to work within an emerging area of practice, involving motivated and skilled staff, while utilizing and implementing Esri’s software and services within the growing design and GIS market.
Account Manager responsibilities included:
- Provide 3D modelling and 3D GIS expertise to aide in the development and implementation Geodesign projects.
- Produce 3D models, graphic presentations, CAD to GIS workflows and graphic visualizations as required for Geodesign projects and presentations.
- Partner with other departments in the company to develop customized 3D models and undertake associated data analysis for Geodesign projects.
- Become fully conversant with beta and release versions of all Esri 3D and related products, and provide operational information to management on these platforms for urban applications.
- Be technically proficient with key additional Esri products and general Geodesign software development including staying informed on the use of CAD, BIM, CityGML, 3D Web Scenes, and related standards (e.g. IFC) and software.
- Provide in-house, Web and on-site presentations and demos on the concept of Geodesign and the use of Esri’s software solutions for Geodesign and 3D GIS applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external industry and academic researchers on Geodesign and 3D GIS research projects.
- Assist with the development and testing of prototype Geodesign applications and GIS tools that position Esri technology in a specific role (e.g. property assessment) or vertical market (e.g. municipal GIS).
- Collaborate with project teams to assist with client expectations and project objectives.
- Contribute to the development of project plans for all assigned projects.
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by the Director, Education and Research, and/or by your project supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
Specific skill requirements:
- Must have a 4-year degree from an accredited University in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, GIS, or a related field.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through visual media.
- Must have a high level of experience with industry-standard CAD and BIM software tools (such as AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino) and be familiar with Web-based development.
- Knowledge pertaining to data visualization, representation techniques 3D rendering and/or gaming engines (i.e. Unity and Unreal Engine) required.
- Some occasional travel related to a specific project may be required.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Esri software applied knowledge (CityEngine and ArcGIS Pro) is desirable, but not required.
- Some experience with design or project portfolio is highly recommended.
- Bilingual (English / French)
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://esri.ca/en/company/careers/jobs/3d-geodesign-analyst →