Geographic Information System (GIS) / Planning Technician
Palliser Regional Municipal Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Geographic Information System (GIS)/Planning technician.
Palliser Regional Municipal Services is an inter-municipal service agency, located in Hanna, Alberta providing professional planning, economic development advice, mapping and other municipally related services to 26 member municipalities in Southeast-Central Alberta.
Reporting to the GIS Coordinator, the GIS/Planning technician’s focus is on the implementation of GIS development and the PRISM (Palliser Regional Information Systems Management) project for the member municipalities and regional projects. As a secondary job requirement, this position will also provide technical support for the planning responsibilities undertaken by PRMS.
• Complete updates for the GIS program, which will include data management
• Administer maintenance of internal systems and provide any requested training/support for the staff of municipal members
• Administer the development/conversion/editing of data
• Complete Spatial Analysis/Mapping
• Develop and organize the existing CAD/GIS system
• Manage databases relative to interdepartmental coordination
• Collect and analyze GIS/ GPS information
• Provide mapping and technical support to Palliser staff, including the preparation of
subdivision sketches, plan amendment mapping, base maps, addressing and
land use mapping
The successful candidate will possess a diploma from a technical GIS course or certificate program, with a working knowledge of ArcGIS, Global Mapper, PostgreSQL, AutoCAD Mapping, Microsoft Applications and other related software. Experience with Global Positioning Systems Technology would also be an asset.
This position requires a valid driver’s license to enable travel throughout the region.
A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered to meet the
needs of the position.
This position is offered as a full-time, permanent position, with a complete benefits package, including mandatory participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The salary for this position will be commensurate with level of education and experience.
- Posted by: PRMS
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags